Patrick Reed

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Trust me if anybody with the same history he has was awarded this, I would say the same thing

Now this is interesting. I've heard rumours, I've read things but I'm still to see cold hard facts that back up any of these "rumours" and "history".

Until I see any evidence I treat them as jealousy.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You seem to struggle with facts

It doesn’t matter what you think should qualify for life membership but your points falls flat when you aren’t screaming about others who have been given it but didn’t win many ET comps

Honoury Life Membership is given to a ET member of who wins a major - simple , irrelevant what the PGA do

This little strop is clearly down to a personal dislike of the guy - if someone else was given it in the same situation you wouldn’t have said a word
Also wasn't aware like Donald was a major winner, so obviously not the only stipulation but hey ho. ET will always be second rate and proves it by awarding countless lifetime memberships. They know the big guys only come and play if ridiculous appearance fees are paid, even harrington didn't play in Abu Dhabi last year because he wasn't 'shown any love'

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Now this is interesting. I've heard rumours, I've read things but I'm still to see cold hard facts that back up any of these "rumours" and "history".

Until I see any evidence I treat them as jealousy.
Trust me they arnt rumours, I've had conversations with tour members etc and I'd take it as you read it. That's all I'll say

Wolf

Visit site
Also wasn't aware like Donald was a major winner, so obviously not the only stipulation but hey ho. ET will always be second rate and proves it by awarding countless lifetime memberships. They know the big guys only come and play if ridiculous appearance fees are paid, even harrington didn't play in Abu Dhabi last year because he wasn't 'shown any love'
Donald was a member of the tour, won both money lists in one year and member of successful RC teams so his award is justified also. Why does the tour need to show love, seems you are quoting things now to just make your point seem valid which you failed with when you admitted to posting without knowing facts. Also seems you simply have a dislike of the tour itself and comes across very bitter.

Trust me they arnt rumours, I've had conversations with tour members etc and I'd take it as you read it. That's all I'll say
And you gonna name these facts you know or are they like the ones you quoted when you first posted your rant..

Rest of us may wish to make our mind up when we have the documented facts rather than listen to your version of them after all you've already admitted to posting without bothering to find them out on this topic..

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
There's plenty of articles about online for anybody wishing to read them, also these were all known before the masters win just more people obviously started talking about it after that.
Showing love is a saying players use when the sponsors of tour events pay top players huge sums to play, hence why you'd see a few years ago all the top guys out in the far East in January, if they arnt paid they won't turn up.

Wolf

Visit site
Plenty of articles about lots of players doesn't make them all true or mean we have to be judgemental. Out of interest are you fan of either Tiger or DJ?

As for showing love, no player is entitled to appearance money unless a sponsor so wishes to pay it that is not down to the tour so again the showing love is irrelevant in this case.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
There's plenty of articles about online for anybody wishing to read them, also these were all known before the masters win just more people obviously started talking about it after that.
Showing love is a saying players use when the sponsors of tour events pay top players huge sums to play, hence why you'd see a few years ago all the top guys out in the far East in January, if they arnt paid they won't turn up.

No offense but as I said - at present all rumours with no substance. Innocent until proven guilty

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Oh the irony.....

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I've had conversations with tour members etc and I'd take it as you read it. That's all I'll say

It’s all you’ll say because you’re lying. I’ll call you out without any fear of being wrong. You have NEVER spoken to a tour member about this matter. We all know that without doubt.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Plenty of articles about lots of players doesn't make them all true or mean we have to be judgemental. Out of interest are you fan of either Tiger or DJ?

As for showing love, no player is entitled to appearance money unless a sponsor so wishes to pay it that is not down to the tour so again the showing love is irrelevant in this case.
yes I am a fan of both DJ and tiger, their golfing integrity is intact, whatever personal issues either has had are personal and not the reason they are famous so I don't view them as a lesser player because of relationships they might have had.
Also appearance money is relevant because if the tour was that great, nobody would need to pay it. ET are just trying to guarantee names playing by offering these to major winners to boost their brand

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s all you’ll say because you’re lying. I’ll call you out without any fear of being wrong. You have NEVER spoken to a tour member about this matter. We all know that without doubt.
Hahaha I know a few boys pretty well. Not going to mention names for obvious reasons, I don't lie, have no reason to and why would I. I have some clubs for sale off the tour van if your interested

D

Deleted member 15344

Who says it was the “only” stipulation- but Reed qualified under the same one as Willet etc

And all this tour is second rate and Reed is this and that is all just because you had a rant without checking the facts first and the rant was clearly due to a dislike

Reed has not had one issue on the ET and everything spouted is all rumour and speculation

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Parsaregood demonstrating with aplomb that Reed polarises opinion.

He's supported the ET for a while, didn't have to. And won a major. Decent criteria.

He used to wind me up a bit but his Masters win was a great 2 fingers at the rumour mongers and he acquitted himself brilliantly on interview after when obviously trying to be provoked.

Massive thumbs up from me 👍

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you get a lifetime membership of the ET for winning a major, how come there was the controversy recently re. Rory and whether or not he would meet the commitments required to keep his ET card and therefore be eligible for the Ryder Cup team?

Surely if he is a lifetime member he remains an ET member no matter what and therefore wouldn't have to play in Europe at all but would still be eligible for the Ryder Cup team? Or is Rory not a lifetime member of the ET?

Wolf

Visit site
yes I am a fan of both DJ and tiger, their golfing integrity is intact, whatever personal issues either has had are personal and not the reason they are famous so I don't view them as a lesser player because of relationships they might have had.
Also appearance money is relevant because if the tour was that great, nobody would need to pay it. ET are just trying to guarantee names playing by offering these to major winners to boost their brand
So you're a hypocrite then in your views of what makes a decent person and what you judge people on...

Tiger issues personal and attitude in past are well published fact he had to seek help for but you let him off because you like him. DJ on 3 reported occasions has had run ins with the PGA tour because of his alleged use of disco powder up his nostrils and took and extended break at the tour commissioners recommendation to prevent a ban which caused a stir amongst other players you'll also let slide as you like him. Yet Reed you judge and rant about without having facts because you heard a few Chinese whispers from people less successful than him that are likely jealous they're not as good or won as much.

Yup that's some hypocrisy, as for appearance fee again no you're wrong it is irrelevant because this is about you hating in Reed now trying find other avenues to slate the tour because your losing an argument because you admit you don't have facts and won't back them up.

Wolf

Visit site
If you get a lifetime membership of the ET for winning a major, how come there was the controversy recently re. Rory and whether or not he would meet the commitments required to keep his ET card and therefore be eligible for the Ryder Cup team?

Surely if he is a lifetime member he remains an ET member no matter what and therefore wouldn't have to play in Europe at all but would still be eligible for the Ryder Cup team? Or is Rory not a lifetime member of the ET?
He has membership but the RC qualification criteria extends to having a minimum number of events he must play also,

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
So you're a hypocrite then in your views of what makes a decent person and what you judge people on...

Tiger issues personal and attitude in past are well published fact he had to seek help for but you let him off because you like him. DJ on 3 reported occasions has had run ins with the PGA tour because of his alleged use of disco powder up his nostrils and took and extended break at the tour commissioners recommendation to prevent a ban which caused a stir amongst other players you'll also let slide as you like him. Yet Reed you judge and rant about without having facts because you heard a few Chinese whispers from people less successful than him that are likely jealous they're not as good or won as much.

Yup that's some hypocrisy, as for appearance fee again no you're wrong it is irrelevant because this is about you hating in Reed now trying find other avenues to slate the tour because your losing an argument because you admit you don't have facts and won't back them up.
Both are personal issues out with golf, I know people who have done both of these things and there's usually other reasons behind this stuff. They are famous for playing golf not being upstanding community members, if you can't conduct yourself on a golf course or in a clubhouse locker room that's a red line as a golfer

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
He has membership but the RC qualification criteria extends to having a minimum number of events he must play also,

The minimum playing requirements are to retain an ET card. Why do you have to retain a card when you have one for life?

So if the playing requirements still apply to retain a card, then it's not really lifetime membership at all so it's a bit daft to call it that.