Reed throws Tee at Rory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swango1980

Visit site
Lets not forget the lovely bonus PIP payments for getting your name out there a bit more too!
Absolutely. If you build yourself a big brand, and you therefore also attract a big audience and sponsors to the tour you are associated with, then seems reasonable that you do well financially from that if the tour does nicely financially. Just like I've no issue when a company provides bonus payments to employees that have helped them with income they've generated. And, just in case your comment was meant to be a dig at those against the money LIV players have been making (given I'm used to the tone of comments on the LIV thread), I've personally never had an issue with those golfers chasing that money. If they are offered huge amounts, and that is what motivates them, go for it. It makes even more sense for those at the end of their careers, or younger golfers not confident they'll ever make it to the pinnacle of golf.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Absolutely. If you build yourself a big brand, and you therefore also attract a big audience and sponsors to the tour you are associated with, then seems reasonable that you do well financially from that if the tour does nicely financially. Just like I've no issue when a company provides bonus payments to employees that have helped them with income they've generated. And, just in case your comment was meant to be a dig at those against the money LIV players have been making (given I'm used to the tone of comments on the LIV thread), I've personally never had an issue with those golfers chasing that money. If they are offered huge amounts, and that is what motivates them, go for it. It makes even more sense for those at the end of their careers, or younger golfers not confident they'll ever make it to the pinnacle of golf.

Not a dig, just pointing out the benefits of PGA players getting their name in the papers.

I don't think I'm a cryptic poster as things go... what you see is what you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.