Anyone got a spare £750,000

DCB

Visit site
Used to be a popular place 20 years back when the hotel was still operating. A "developer" put an end to the hotel and the course suffered badly. A local company got involved in around 2010 refurbished their clubhouse and made the caravan site a bit more viable. The course itself has some interesting holes and is certainly a fun course to play. Hope someone makes it work.

golfempire

www.golfempire.co.uk
The closing date passed a couple of weeks ago but as @patricks148 says LinksDAO put a bid in to purchase it but the deal has not been done yet, there were/are several bidders.

It's certainly very rare for a golf course on true linksland to become available and whilst it will go for more than the £750k quoted it is a fantastic opportunity for whoever ends up being the successful buyer.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
An old Bristol mate of mine was a member of SB back when he was based at Lossiemouth. He talked very highly of it and I am pretty sure I played it years later (one of these strange memory things as I can’t remember why I’d be there to play it or who I’d been with - so maybe I just walked part of it).

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Used to be a popular place 20 years back when the hotel was still operating. A "developer" put an end to the hotel and the course suffered badly. A local company got involved in around 2010 refurbished their clubhouse and made the caravan site a bit more viable. The course itself has some interesting holes and is certainly a fun course to play. Hope someone makes it work.
It was I a very poor state I first time I went which was probably about 15 years ago. Driving range was really in a state, there was even grass growing on the mats. We put our money in the honesty box and walked to the 1st tee as we past the 18th greens there were half a dozen rabbits digging in up. As we stood on the first tee the grass was so long you would have been better of using a wedge. So we didn't bother and want to Garmouth instead.some guy had bought it by the 2nd time and built a clubhouse sorted the range and the course.very enjoyable, so good holes. It just needs some investment