The price of flooding

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Earlier today I was sent the following link which is a picture of my local following the recent floods.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...wLGbKM0JV1jt9J2jghgZN2A&bvm=bv.58187178,d.d2k

The club have done a lot of work over the last few years on flood prevention however last year the 10th was under water for a while and it took the best part of the year to recover. The floods this year are according to some the worst in 40 yrs and I have a feeling it will be some time before the course recovers

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd be more worried about the financial loss to the club, surely all that lost revenue is going to have major effects on how the course is looked after and improved in the the coming seasons.....

D

Deleted member 15344

That's sad to see - really hope the club can recover from that

D

Deleted member 17920

Just watched the video, that so sad to see, really feel for the club and the employees, hope financially they can get through this, wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't recover for the rest of this year. I only hope members understand and don't renew and find somewhere else, that would really be a kick in the balls.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pretty devastating. We have nine open although the club has already said it may be at least another week before the lower lying back nine is re-opened. Puts our predicament firmly in perspective