santa has been and so the tinkering begins!!!

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find hot air guns heat too much of the shaft and are hard to judge how hot you've got the area. I use a small butane torch to pull shafts.

Enjoy though, I love a bit of tinkering.
I've just this evening pulled a low launch shaft and stuck it into a high launch head.
I'd start with something you done mind damaging, its very easy to damage graphite shafts.

T

thecraw

I find hot air guns heat too much of the shaft and are hard to judge how hot you've got the area. I use a small butane torch to pull shafts.

I've just this evening pulled a low launch shaft and stuck it into a high launch head.
I'd start with something you done mind damaging, its very easy to damage graphite shafts.

Butane can scorch the metal, always use a heat gun.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'd start with something you done mind damaging, its very easy to damage graphite shafts.[/QUOTE

lol ive got a gas torch in the van, was kind of scared of properly scorching my clubs though

A

Alex1975

How do you know you are where you should be with temps then? Add heat and then pressure with the puller and ease it out?

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Use the torch davey! Be a man about this. I light a fag off mine then set about it. In saying that i am getting a heat gun,knackered the paintwork on the neck of my last driver

T

thecraw

just doing irons first and will defo use my new heat gun, adjustable drivers make it easier to swap shafts

not really mate, you'll still require a shaft extractor if you want to take the sleave/tip off.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Heat guns also invariably come with a concentrator nozzle that negates the problem of not controlling where the heat is going to.

Even that can be too much for a graphite shaft.

Butane/Propane blow torch for steel heads and a micro-pen torch for graphite. They fill up with the same stuff used for lighters and the very thin flame is ideal for concentrating the heat. Clarke do one for about £25.