Patrick Reed

Wolf

Visit site
Both are personal issues out with golf, I know people who have done both of these things and there's usually other reasons behind this stuff. They are famous for playing golf not being upstanding community members, if you can't conduct yourself on a golf course or in a clubhouse locker room that's a red line as a golfer
So you're fine with one bringing bad press to the game for recreational drug use and another for all his Misdemeanors but again a few articles about Reed your ready to believe.

Your hypocrisy in defending the other 2 because you like them yet ready to write Reed off without giving any factual evidence or reason is quite frankly pathetic.

Wolf

Visit site
The minimum playing requirements are to retain an ET card. Why do you have to retain a card when you have one for life?

So if the playing requirements still apply to retain a card, then it's not really lifetime membership at all so it's a bit daft to call it that.
Can't comment on the retaining the card part as until today wasn't aware he had life membership, but the RC you need look at seperately has to play the required number and that is 4. Perhaps it could be he has life membership all the while he plays the minimum required amount and and soon as he doesn't he loses those rights. That's just a guess though I'm sure someone will know better than me.

Perhaps our forum friend can ask his tour mates that like a gossip..

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
So you're fine with one bringing bad press to the game for recreational drug use and another for all his Misdemeanors but again a few articles about Reed your ready to believe.

Your hypocrisy in defending the other 2 because you like them yet ready to write Reed off without giving any factual evidence or reason is quite frankly pathetic.
As I say people have private life's some unfortunately made public, not everything is rosy and I wouldn't judge people for choices they make privately as I don't know the circumstances. I do however know the rules and etiquette required when playing golf, there are things you just don't do if you want to be respected at your hobby or occupation

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't comment on the retaining the card part as until today wasn't aware he had life membership, but the RC you need look at seperately has to play the required number and that is 4. Perhaps it could be he has life membership all the while he plays the minimum required amount and and soon as he doesn't he loses those rights. That's just a guess though I'm sure someone will know better than me.

Perhaps our forum friend can ask his tour mates that like a gossip..

The RC criteria is based on playing enough events to retain an ET card, it's not separate RC only criteria. So doesn't make any sense to state someone has a lifetime membership of a tour but at the same time they can lose their tour membership if they don't fulfil the minimum number of events played criteria.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As I say people have private life's some unfortunately made public, not everything is rosy and I wouldn't judge people for choices they make privately as I don't know the circumstances. I do however know the rules and etiquette required when playing golf, there are things you just don't do if you want to be respected at your hobby or occupation

Still waiting on the proof though in order to chastise Reed fully. Unfortunately I have still to see this therefore I am unable to decide he is guilty of these rumours.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
The RC criteria is based on playing enough events to retain an ET card, it's not separate RC only criteria. So doesn't make any sense to state someone has a lifetime membership of a tour but at the same time they can lose their tour membership if they don't fulfil the minimum number of events played criteria.
Let's not beat about the bush, the ET just want to sort of force the top guys into playing a certain number of events, rory doesnt really want to play the ET but hes kind of forced into it

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Still waiting on the proof though in order to chastise Reed fully. Unfortunately I have still to see this therefore I am unable to decide he is guilty of these rumours.
That's great, did you hear the rumours about the guy that was recently thrown out of dundonald. He's been a known one for years

Wolf

Visit site
Yet you still cannot give factual evidence to prove it and do so on hearsay and rumour..

You seem to judge morals based rumour of what this fella has done, yet say DJ racked up a line in the gents pre round which is part of what the rumours were that's ok because its personal away from the course even though its in the clubhouse and was told take a leave of absence because its bringing the game into a poor light you're OK with that though it damaging the profile of the game because is not Reed.

Edit: that bit in bold... So your saying we should respect someone rumoured to be taking drugs before rounds but not someone that may have upset someone in a locker room... Personal issue or not of you respect that choice your admitting your hypocrisy

Wolf

Visit site
Equally am stumped on that..

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Yet you still cannot give factual evidence to prove it and do so on hearsay and rumour..

You seem to judge morals based rumour of what this fella has done, yet say DJ racked up a line in the gents pre round which is part of what the rumours were that's ok because its personal away from the course even though its in the clubhouse and was told take a leave of absence because its bringing the game into a poor light you're OK with that though it damaging the profile of the game because is not Reed.
I'd say he was doing himself more harm than anybody in the field if this were the case. At least it was dealt with and he dealt with it and I'm sure he feels better now for it

Wolf

Visit site
I'd say he was doing himself more harm than anybody in the field if this were the case. At least it was dealt with and he dealt with it and I'm sure he feels better now for it
As per my last post edit you mentioned things you don't do if you want respect and out Reed yet won't say what he supposed to have Done but can respect drug taking pre round...

I rest my case...

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
As per my last post edit you mentioned things you don't do if you want respect and out Reed yet won't say what he supposed to have Done but can respect drug taking pre round...

I rest my case...
Who said I respected it ? Wasn't aware I said this, he has never knowingly went out to screw his fellow competitors which I think is a major and fundamental difference

Wolf

Visit site
Who said I respected it ? Wasn't aware I said this, he has never knowingly went out to screw his fellow competitors which I think is a major and fundamental difference
You said and I quote :

there are things you just don't do if you want to be respected at your hobby or occupation.

Drug taking before a round or to be honest at all in life when so high profile should mean DJ gets no respect either.

By defending what he has done your putting this in a bracket that means you don't disrespect it and think Reed is worse.

I've nothing more to say on this as you don't seem to have any factual evidence, won't say what it is you've supposedly been told by tour players who I'm guessing aren't even in the same class of player as Reed so again I very much doubt their opinion is based on first hand experience merely the Chinese whispers that feed down the line until you post unfactual rants on here about... Enjoy your golfing weekend

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You said and I quote :

Drug taking before a round or to be honest at all in life when so high profile should mean DJ gets no respect either.

By defending what he has done your putting this in a bracket that means you don't disrespect it and think Reed is worse.

I've nothing more to say on this as you don't seem to have any factual evidence, won't say what it is you've supposedly been told by tour players who I'm guessing aren't even in the same class of player as Reed so again I very much doubt their opinion is based on first hand experience merely the Chinese whispers that feed down the line until you post unfactual rants on here about... Enjoy your golfing weekend
That isn't saying I respected taking drugs ? Clearly very selective in your thinking here, they are pretty well known but not major winners, stand up guys though

Wolf

Visit site
That isn't saying I respected taking drugs ? Clearly very selective in your thinking here, they are pretty well known but not major winners, stand up guys though
Not selective at all merely using your own words.
Still no facts though... Like I said I'm out..

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Totally credit the guy for playing global events.

Genuinely believe this makes them better golfers as they play more varied course and conditions.
Agree. I also think this is the real secret behind why we keep winning the Ryder Cup now. It's effectively a team that plays only in America Vs a team that plays all over the world. I think that gives us an edge.

D

Deleted member 15344

The minimum playing requirements are to retain an ET card. Why do you have to retain a card when you have one for life?

So if the playing requirements still apply to retain a card, then it's not really lifetime membership at all so it's a bit daft to call it that.

It’s an “honorary” thing - it’s not like in tbe US where you get a card for life etc - the ET allows a player to play in any ET event even if they no longer hold their “Tour Card “ - they also don’t ever have to go through ET qualifying etc but they don’t have a card for life etc. So Rory etc still need to Be able to have the required qualifiying to play in the RC
Both are personal issues out with golf, I know people who have done both of these things and there's usually other reasons behind this stuff. They are famous for playing golf not being upstanding community members, if you can't conduct yourself on a golf course or in a clubhouse locker room that's a red line as a golfer

Woods hasn’t exactly shown himself to be the finest upstanding member of the golfing community on the golf course has he , and DJ issues have been with drugs - again not exactly great for the sport.