Patrick Reed

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Totally credit the guy for playing global events.

Genuinely believe this makes them better golfers as they play more varied course and conditions.

However does feel a bit early in the guys career to be dishing out honoroury membership.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Fair play as he does enter a number of ET tournaments but it does seem a bit early to be honouring him with this.
Still, it may persuade some others to follow him from over the pond.

D

Deleted member 15344

The European tour are clearly desperate here, giving Patrick Reed honorary membership is a disgrace, he hasn't even won a ET event, really not worthy of an honorary membership IMO. Disrespectful to the European guys who have played the tour for 15/20 years and receive nothing like this. Poor form.
A bit of an overreaction no ?

Did Watson etc win any ET events or even play in any when they got theirs ?

There are loads of guys who have been given Honorary Memberships- but they seem to give them to ET members who win majors - Willet got one plus many other foreign players.

To say he is unworthy and it’s a disgrace is a bit over the top for some who has play a decent amount on the ET

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
A bit of an overreaction no ?

Did Watson etc win any ET events or even play in any when they got theirs ?

There are loads of guys who have been given Honorary Memberships- but they seem to give them to ET members who win majors - Willet got one plus many other foreign players.

To say he is unworthy and it’s a disgrace is a bit over the top for some who has play a decent amount on the ET
What about the likes of noren, stenson etc ? These guys could easily ditch the ET and play the pga but they don't. Sorry but reed isn't deserving of this and it devalues the credibility of the tour imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

What about the likes of noren, stenson etc ? These guys could easily ditch the ET and play the pga but they don't. Sorry but reed isn't deserving of this and it devalues the credibility of the tour imo.

You have missed the reason why he was given it - a ET member winning a major , it’s why Molinari also got it and Garcia etc - going by that criteria he does deserve it

Stenson will no doubt get at one stage

As I said you are overreacting a touch - it’s not going devalue anything

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You have missed the reason why he was given it - a ET member winning a major , it’s why Molinari also got it and Garcia etc - going by that criteria he does deserve it

So stenson wins the open in 2016, reed wins the masters in 18. He has one before stenson and isn't even European? Aye very good. There are much better American players who could have gotten one, what about koepka, he was a ET member and has won 3 majors. As I said, terrible decision

Wolf

Visit site
So stenson wins the open in 2016, reed wins the masters in 18. He has one before stenson and isn't even European? Aye very good. There are much better American players who could have gotten one, what about koepka, he was a ET member and has won 3 majors. As I said, terrible decision
Stenson was awarded it in 2016 same year as his major victory a quick read of the full article instead of being offended by it would have shown you this.

And why does not being European come. Into being awarded it. Just needs be a member of the tour his nationality is hugely irrelevant.

In the words Of Jay from the inbetweeners Completed it mate

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never used to like Reed, just had something about him. But I've come round to him and quite like him now as a player. He's good for the game, does things a bit different to others.

Would like the ET to honour Koepka as well in the future, just as deserving as the others.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn't read the full article, Patrick Reed doesn't deserve this and it's actually slightly embarrassing he's been awarded it. It doesn't take much to find out what sort of a person he actually is and personally knowing a couple of tour members and a few ex ones too, I can tell you he's not very well liked and what you read is most definitely a fairly accurate account.

Koepka learned his trade on the ET, has 3 majors and would be a much better marketing tool for the ET, he is simply more marketable than reed. Where is his. Disappointing in my view to say the least.

D

Deleted member 15344

Koepka is currently not a ET member he may get one like Nicklaus etc got one later in life

What does he not being European have to do with it - look at the list and there are loads who aren’t European

I’ll spell it out again - They award it to a player who is a member of the ET and wins a major - this year it was Molinari and Reed , year before Garcia , Stenson , Rose , Kaymer , Louis Oosthuizen, Schwartzel

He isn’t being singled out he is getting the same as all others who have won majors and are a member of the ET - I’m sure you weren’t offended by all those others getting it and some who didn’t even play on the ET

This appears to down just because you don’t like him

Wolf

Visit site
Didn't read the full article, Patrick Reed doesn't deserve this and it's actually slightly embarrassing he's been awarded it. It doesn't take much to find out what sort of a person he actually is and personally knowing a couple of tour members and a few ex ones too, I can tell you he's not very well liked and what you read is most definitely a fairly accurate account.

Koepka learned his trade on the ET, has 3 majors and would be a much better marketing tool for the ET, he is simply more marketable than reed. Where is his. Disappointing in my view to say the least.
So you posted a little rant using Stenson as your example as you don't like Reed and did so even though you didn't know the facts...

Likewise what does it matter if he is a stand up guy or not. He's a good golfer, a member of the ET and the Masters champion. Again had you read the full article instead of allowing personal dislike be more important you'll have seen the majority of this awarded the honour that aren't for pure services to ET are guys that have won either the Masters or the Open championship or both, Koepka has 3 majors yes but neither of the 2 that seem to hold ET weight for criteria or could just be he didn't get it as not currently a registered member.

So again it comes back to being about not liking the guy as you cannot questions his credentials when compared to others on the list.

Koepka may well get one in future if he wins one of those 2 but a random winner of the Masters this year could get one wouldn't that offend you as well or if he's a nice guy will that not matter

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
So you posted a little rant using Stenson as your example as you don't like Reed and did so even though you didn't know the facts...

Likewise what does it matter if he is a stand up guy or not. He's a good golfer, a member of the ET and the Masters champion. Again had you read the full article instead of allowing personal dislike be more important you'll have seen the majority of this awarded the honour that aren't for pure services to ET are guys that have won either the Masters or the Open championship or both, Koepka has 3 majors yes but neither of the 2 that seem to hold ET weight for criteria or could just be he didn't get it as not currently a registered member.

So again it comes back to being about not liking the guy as you cannot questions his credentials when compared to others on the list.

Koepka may well get one in future if he wins one of those 2 but a random winner of the Masters this year could get one wouldn't that offend you as well or if he's a nice guy will that not matter
You shouldn't get lifetime membership of any tour for a single tournament, on the pga tour you need 40 tour wins. That is deserving a lifetime membership. Also awarding somebody with openly questionable integrity a lifetime membership doesn't say much and there will be plenty of unhappy people. Good golfer or not, he will always be questionable, he is tarnished and always will be

D

Deleted member 15344

You shouldn't get lifetime membership of any tour for a single tournament, on the pga tour you need 40 tour wins. That is deserving a lifetime membership. Also awarding somebody with openly questionable integrity a lifetime membership doesn't say much and there will be plenty of unhappy people. Good golfer or not, he will always be questionable, he is tarnished and always will be

You seem to struggle with facts

It doesn’t matter what you think should qualify for life membership but your points falls flat when you aren’t screaming about others who have been given it but didn’t win many ET comps

Honoury Life Membership is given to a ET member of who wins a major - simple , irrelevant what the PGA do

This little strop is clearly down to a personal dislike of the guy - if someone else was given it in the same situation you wouldn’t have said a word

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You seem to struggle with facts

It doesn’t matter what you think should qualify for life membership but your points falls flat when you aren’t screaming about others who have been given it but didn’t win many ET comps

Honoury Life Membership is given to a ET member of who wins a major - simple , irrelevant what the PGA do

This little strop is clearly down to a personal dislike of the guy - if someone else was given it in the same situation you wouldn’t have said a word
Trust me if anybody with the same history he has was awarded this, I would say the same thing