Patrick Reed

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Surely he should have known that you’ve got blue blood. Not sir, but your lordship??
7th Earl of Ashford ??
Which is why the sharpie incident was all the more shocking 😱😱😱

I live in a place called Brabourne, in a road named Mountbatten Way, I think you can tell the part of aristocracy I come from 😉. Us aristocracy DO NOT use GREEN Sharpies, we use fountain pens Rod, fountain pens!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I live in a place called Brabourne, in a road named Mountbatten Way, I think you can tell the part of aristocracy I come from 😉. Us aristocracy DO NOT use GREEN Sharpies, we use fountain pens Rod, fountain pens!

Why's that?
Have you lost your quill? :whistle:

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've said it before and will again - Patrick Reed is a perfect gentleman.

Just him and his caddy on a practice round at the London Club and me alone on the hole watching, found his ball 50 yards from the pin in quite deep cack, he thanked me, called me sir and proceeded to chip it, one bounce and in the cup.

Gentleman 😉😉 Pat - I've never been called Sir by any of you miserable gits on here 🤔

I’d happily address you as Sir. 😊👍

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A
Literally a very high percentage of young people have at one time or another taken drugs, you are seriously out of touch if you think differently
Nd you think that just as many youngsters haven't taken a shirt cut in their life. Be that being the banker on monopoly and taken a few extra notes, or looking at someone's exam paper.

Also, trying a drug is a little different to having to take an enforced lay off due to the effect its had on you. I'd certainly prefer my kids to bend the rules a little in life as opposed to come drug addicts.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've said it before and will again - Patrick Reed is a perfect gentleman.

Just him and his caddy on a practice round at the London Club and me alone on the hole watching, found his ball 50 yards from the pin in quite deep cack, he thanked me, called me sir and proceeded to chip it, one bounce and in the cup.

Gentleman 😉😉 Pat - I've never been called Sir by any of you miserable gits on here 🤔
I like Reed and don't get the hate for him.

I've been to America twice now and men, young men are ridiculously polite, using sir as the default way to speak to Male strangers. Ask for directions, hold a door open etc and a thank you sir will always follow. I'm easily pleased I know but it is something I really like. It wouldn't sit right over here as it is not how we speak but over there it sits well.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'd read all the stories a while back, and wasn't impressed. Thought he was great in the first Ryder Cup he played in, but got a lot of criticism from the European fans and media even though he was exactly like Sergio and Poulter for pumping up the fans. Saw him at Castle Stuart in the Scottish Open talking to a father and daughter, she had learning difficulties. He was absolutely brilliant with her, giving her loads of time.

Whatever his previous history, I really like the guy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Like him or not, Reed has supported ET events over the years with 64 events played, which for a US based players isn't too shabby http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=38439/record/index.html

For me, only 55 honorary memberships have been given so it doesn't seem to be given out without a degree of consideration and for my tuppence worth, it recognises golfing achievements only and anything that happens off the course is irrelevant. There are players over the years that have shall we say "enjoyed life on tour to the full" as Richard Boxall told me over a beer a while back (another thread I feel for that) and is something talking to the likes of Peter O'Malley on the patio of my club last year seemed to back up The point is whatever they got up to has by and large remained unspoken. Just because the likes of Reed and others have hit the headlines for stuff that goes on off the course doesn't make them the only villains. I'd rather celebrate the recognition of a great season for Reed who no doubt would have won the race for Dubai had Molinari not had his open win

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I've read the article and comments here, but still can't see exactly what this honor bestows upon the receiver?

Does PR now have unrestricted access to any ET tournament he desires for life?