Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all

I was due to be going to a golf day tomorrow but am low on fuel and not sure I have enough to get there and back. Stations near me are cleared out so I may have to take my chances and see if it make it or not.

My wife was on the red line and managed to get some on her way home from work. A lady in front of her filled up her car and then got multiple cannisters from her boot and filled those up too....

So, question is.... Have you been an panic bought today? If so, did you need it or did you just top up to make sure you had a full tank?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The juggernaut has a full tank since last Sunday I think I filled up

I was going to fill up this Sunday on way to work as Mrs wants the small car to take eldest swimming but I did early

Glad I did because idiots in this country can't be trusted to behave

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Walked past Sainsburys today morons had blocked the road queuing for fuel.
Ambulance could not get through to Alder Hey so they could have cost some young child their life.
Absolute morons ,especially the ones blocking the carriageway.
Van driver was trying to get them to move but they just ignored him.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had 25 miles of range indicated in my car earlier today so really needed to go and get some petrol. Fortunately we had three part full 5 litre containers in the garage from Mrs Colch's work generator so I put that in my car. Got my range up to nearly 100 miles which will do me until the panic buying has calmed down and I can go and fill up. Having seen photos of the queues at all our local petrol stations I'm glad I didn't have to go and try and get some today.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I never leave my car with much less than 1/4 tank, which is good for about 120 miles.

I don't get why people leave it till virtually empty every time. Much like my wife does. She had to go get some fuel earlier as she's got an early start and an hours drive in the morning.

The nearest petrol station has run out. Tesco was queing miles, but managed to get some at the 3rd place which was pretty quite.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got about 150 miles in the tank - and no real need to go anywhere (except the golf club) so probably got a week before I need to get some. Hopefully the panic has eased by then.

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As always I feel sorry for those who use their car constantly for work and need a lot of fuel

As opposed to those who have headed out to fill up cars that move once a month

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Heading north from Glasgow today and there were queues in all the petrol stations I came to - but none queued out of the forecourt. Needed to fill up as was nearly empty and after a fairly short wait at a station outside Dumbarton I got what I needed…but by time I was done there was quite a queue back onto the road.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I kind of did but more because my missus' car was nearly empty so thought I may as well brim it rather than the usual 20 quid I chuck in.

Was fairly busy but not blacking the road busy, was in and out in under 10 mins.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We 'got lucky' and filled up last Saturday anyway,. Must have driven 15 to 20 miles since, and we will up again in November, maybe end of October.
I went to Tesco yesterday and when I drove past teh petrol bit there was a bit of a queue, but when I finished shopping it looked just normal.

Personally I am more concerned with the CO2 shortage and soft drinks.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We 'got lucky' and filled up last Saturday anyway,. Must have driven 15 to 20 miles since, and we will up again in November, maybe end of October.
I went to Tesco yesterday and when I drove past teh petrol bit there was a bit of a queue, but when I finished shopping it looked just normal.

Personally I am more concerned with the CO2 shortage and soft drinks.

So am I. Went out the other day to get everything I needed to make strawberry mojitos. The sparkling water section was almost empty. Fortunately managed to get the last two bottles. Disaster averted.