Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Couple of Sheffield lads in our accommodation tell us that there has bit a bit of fighting over fuel at a service station in Sheffield. Nuts. The country is going to hell in a handcart…?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bought fuel today but there was no panic. I put fuel in every Friday.
It was busier than usual but no more than a 2 minute wait for the pump in front to clear.

That will see me through to next Friday.

D

Deleted member 3432

Not seen any evidence of panic buying around my way either, must be a thing in big towns and cities.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Time for an electric car… don’t need to queue behind idiots … no shortage of cheap gas or leccy …

D

Deleted member 15344

They are still doing it around here - 11pm and still queues into the garage. It’s just embarrassing and some people that really need the petrol are going to be stuck because of the actions of selfish idiots

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Just got in after a couple hours driving about, everything was empty. Tesco had fuel but queues were about half a mile long. Thankfully there’s a new service station that opened up this week. Was only queuing for 30 minutes.

£30 limit tho, so will get me back from my away match tomorrow but not much more.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Whenever the media reports on some possible minor glitch in the supply of anything (pasta, toilet rolls, fuel, etc), there's a whole legion of intellectually challenged members of the public who will turn it into a genuine shortage.

The media needs to agree to bury this type of news to protect us all from the irrational reaction of these numpties. A kind of self-imposed D-notice for the good of the nation.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Whenever the media reports on some possible minor glitch in the supply of anything (pasta, toilet rolls, fuel, etc), there's a whole legion of intellectually challenged members of the public who will turn it into a genuine shortage.
At least with fuel there is a kind of limit how much people can buy. You can buy hundred rolls of toilet paper or packs of pasta, but once the car is filed up it’s mostly it for petrol. Until it’s worth to fill up again.

D

Deleted member 15344

Local Morrison’s had people queuing from 5am this morning and last night a fight broke out with people filling containers as well

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morons filling up here as well and blocking the road yesterdy. Bus services had to be diverted which meant it missed about six stops. Pity the poor people trying to use a bus to get to work or home.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The ultimate karma....
Dozens of cars blocking the road waiting for the tanker to deliver.....tanker can't get to the forecourt as it can't get through the queue of cars waiting for the tanker to arrive..
I think its time for an Apocalypse - the world has gone to rat poo..

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m meant to be travelling to the Manchester office on Tuesday for a really pointless face to face meeting. To make things worse I was asked to pick some others up - to “provide more vfm” than the usual train journey. If this lunacy keeps up, I’ve got a perfect excuse not to go.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Was out early evening yesterday and didn't spot any silliness at the two I passed, although I didn't stop. Heading in the M25 direction today so will see what that brings. Perhaps I'll regret not topping up yesterday.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Forget about waiting for drivers from the EU to arrive, get the army and RAF drivers in TODAY so that the message is that there are now sufficient drivers…so public can be reassured there is no need to top up and so can stop this panicking immediately. But actions not just words TODAY.

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Took the dog for a walk and thought I’d try and top up on my way back.

My local has run out and the next 2 nearest had stupid queues so I came home.

don’t really need the car this weekend so it’s not a major issue