Padraig Harrington

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think hes been a breath of fresh air in the commentary box, definitely a great addition (unlike some) to skys commentary team, hopefully we'll hear plenty from him tonight. Very knowledgeble and insightful and comes across really well.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I agree in the main. But I fear that his constant snide digs towards Garcia could soon becoming as refreshing as Mcginleys love in with Rory.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I only have the BBC coverage but have heard bot the Harrington's a good addition to the Sky coverage and also about his 'history" with Sergio. What's that all about?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think he's been great, as have all the sky team. The coverage is excellent to. Especially like Doherty, Donaldson and Howell on the morning show. Even Rob Lee has been good , and he normally gets on my wick.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think he's been great, as have all the sky team. The coverage is excellent to. Especially like Doherty, Donaldson and Howell on the morning show. Even Rob Lee has been good , and he normally gets on my wick.

Agree with all of that,the Masters morning show as been very good.
Some good banter between the 3 of them.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

I've just done 10 mins on Beeb 2. I had to turn over when Cotter commented that Garcia went for the pin on 2.

He should get Demoted to the Boat Race after that,

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big fan of Harrington (for well documented reasons) and he's definitely fitted in well. He did explain his issues with Sergio rather diplomatically last night in the Sky bit before the live 8.00 coverage.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I liked him. Knowledgeable and showed his experience without waffling on too much. I quite liked the softly-spoke Irish tongue too. :D

One thing he needs to work on though, when he was actually on camera talking in the studio he just stared at the floor while talking :mmm: - didn't exactly project confidence. I suppose that comes with more experience of doing TV though.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought Padraig was a great addition. Personally I would give Roe and Livingstone the boot, both awful. Roe is just depressing and Livingstone always looking to make some news out of nothing.