My American Golf fitting experience

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very good write up OS.
Just goes to show how important a fitting is.
My fingers are crossed for the future fittings.
One thing you can safely say now,is its not the clubs fault,good
luck with the club.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I enjoyed that write up, very interested in all the stats etc but you summed up your feeling when you said "
really feel like i can go after one" now that shows me you are comfortable with the shaft as well as the head.

That actually looks a nice club, I'd never even considered it either.

I assume it was range balls? so in actual fact you might find the spin coming down even more with good balls. Was it a Cobra stock shaft

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I assume it was range balls? so in actual fact you might find the spin coming down even more with good balls. Was it a Cobra stock shaft

durting the session of eliminating 6 to 3, we were on the range so using their range balls, but come the time when we went back into the fitting bay on the trackman, we were using real balls.

Their trackman bay is inside hitting into a screen so to speak, i already knew the flight etc as i had seen this on the range, but now it was time to look at the stats closer. i think in the tray were the 2 piece bridgestone balls which i think are like NXT/AD333 balls, and a few other premier branded balls so im guessing the stats should be pretty much spot on.

yes i went for the cobra stock shaft, its the rip 55 stiff, which im guessing is just a lighter version of the 60 thats found in alot of club like the d3, Zee was under the impression that with the spin rate being so close to 2500 (2450-2600) i wasnt going to find a more suitable shaft, and the shaft itself states 95-110mph on it, so i know this is going to cater for me on days where i really want to let rip. I was swinging a bit reserved due to some back stiffness, but my normal swing speed is around 108-110 so it should suit me fine, while giving me more stability than the soft reax that is in my burner.:clap:

Just about to empty my golfing naughty bag, as i really need to raise the cash for the matching woods. it was really strange but when were were playing yesturday afternoon, my 3/5w felt like senior flex compared with the rip55, i need these shafts, i need these woods, but i also need more subtle head covers.:rofl:

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
yes i went for the cobra stock shaft, its the rip 55 stiff,

the shaft itself states 95-110mph on it, so i know this is going to cater for me on days where i really want to let rip.

Oddsocks.. just a thought based on my experiences... pay as much heed as you like ....

It may not be a direct comparison but the 55g stiff shaft in my Cobra (a real deal Motore F1) really doesn't give me any more performance from going after it. If I focus on rhythm and timing, yes I may lose a handful of mph, but it feels like the shaft is working at its optimum speed to maximise the flex.

When I got fitted for it, the monitor had me at 107mph average, and I was probably giving it a bit too much becuse I was looking at the numbers too much.

If I give it too much on the course, the extra clubhead speed seems to convert into spin and higher flight, rather than much extra distance. I've come to realise that this shaft is fitted for my real, sensible swing speed rather than my silly "forum average" 300yard attempts. You might find the same.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
great write up another great day and happy forumers. Shame about your back at the addington hope alls well soon.
Enjoy the new big dog cant rememeber what colour it was?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oddsocks.. just a thought based on my experiences... pay as much heed as you like ....

It may not be a direct comparison but the 55g stiff shaft in my Cobra (a real deal Motore F1) really doesn't give me any more performance from going after it. If I focus on rhythm and timing, yes I may lose a handful of mph, but it feels like the shaft is working at its optimum speed to maximise the flex.

When I got fitted for it, the monitor had me at 107mph average, and I was probably giving it a bit too much becuse I was looking at the numbers too much.

If I give it too much on the course, the extra clubhead speed seems to convert into spin and higher flight, rather than much extra distance. I've come to realise that this shaft is fitted for my real, sensible swing speed rather than my silly "forum average" 300yard attempts. You might find the same.

Interesting points monty. in the fitting i was concentrating on smooth swinging tempto to try and work on a go to swing as it were, but im still curious what the club will deliver if i really go at one like i do with the burner when the club head speed is upped from 103 to 108/110.

Im sure if i speak to my local AG, we could sort a bit of trackman time to compare these stats, only thing is their range is 60/70% compression balls, so it may not be that accurate. I suppose the other option is to do this when Zee fits me for a 3w.