Get fitted for a new set of Wilson irons by Padraig Harrington!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Morning all

I have a rather special opportunity for two GM forumers to get invloved in.

I am looking for two of you to come to the London Club in Kent on Monday October 18th and get fitted for a new set of Wilson irons by Padraig Harrington and Wilson's Tour technician Phil Bonham. Harrington is renowned for being one of the most knowledgeable guys on tour when it comes to equipment. He is in and out of the Wilson Tour Truck all season and really does know his onions.

The fitting will form part of a feature in a forthcoming issue of GM so you'll need to be happy to be featured in the mag.

So, if you are interested please send me an email to michael_harris@ipcmedia.com with the following info

Name
Forum username
Contact telephone number
Home Club
Current irons played
If they were custom fitted - details of where and when this happened and what specs you were fitted for
Strengths and weakeness in your iron play

The fitting is scheduled to take place around 2pm so there is plenty of time to get there in the morning. I do appreciate the London Club wont be feasible for everyone to get to but we had no say in the venue as it's a day organised by Wilson.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
3 quick points
* It's not a competition as you're not answering a question - its an opportunity!
* If selcted you of course wont have to pay for the irons - we're not that tight!
* Preference will be given to forumers who havent been selected for major features before (ie PING Tour Truck etc)

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
An utterly brilliant opportunity this one, how you guys managed to source these things is beyond me. Unfortunately it would be completely wasted on me, especially as my irons are not even a year old, so I won't be registering my interest but good luck to those who do!!!! :D

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 quick points
* It's not a competition as you're not answering a question - its an opportunity!
* If selcted you of course wont have to pay for the irons - we're not that tight!
* Preference will be given to forumers who havent been selected for major features before (ie PING Tour Truck etc)

Just as I thought. Count me in then! Email already sent.

*continues to cross fingers, toes, arms, legs, ears etc...* :D

Just as an aside...Yes I've just bought a new set of irons, but having the chance to get a set custom fitted would be marvellous in itself (never been fitted for clubs) and to have them custom fitted by Padraig Himself would be a once in a lifetime thing!

There are probably more deserving people than me though.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Like a Messerschmitt BF109 during the Battle of Britain, James has just ploughed into a field outside of Appledore and burst into flames

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I, on the other hand haven't been featured on anything major but despite that, I have decided NOT to apply, rather let someone more needy than myself have the privilege of getting chummy with PH.
Mike, I hope you are taking note of all those who slated Harrington as the RC pick ;)
I'll just stay at home working tirelessly to help my fellow forumers achieve their ambitions and goals without any word of thanks needed or craved.

Good luck to the lucky people who win and maybe you'll spare a thought for those of us who stood aside to enable you to win this opportunity of a lifetime.

However, when the 2 weeks in the Maldives comes up as a prize, it's every man for himself :D