Open Competitions 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
On topic. I've spend an hours scouring for suitable ones to play in. I notice Beau thingy is Booked up. As are a few others. Any booked for April might not go ahead, I reckon. May should be ok,

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Based on how Covid is doing, it's very optimistic booking comps for around Easter time. There must be a very good chance that they won't go ahead.

I usually play around 15 opens a year but no point booking anything just now, things still too uncertain for me.
The only thing is. If you don’t book now. You won’t get to play a lot of them. Events I’ll often enter just before, are already filling up.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only thing is. If you don’t book now. You won’t get to play a lot of them. Events I’ll often enter just before, are already filling up.

Bearing in mind how much hassle I had getting my cash back from several venues last season (deffo a minority but still multiple venues) I'll still pass.

If there are places left in any good comps in the 2nd half of the year when things should be clearer, all good. If not, there is always 2022.

D

Deleted member 1740

Me and daviemac are in for the Dumbarnie 2’s aswell, 18holes each on Dumbarnie and Gleneagles Kings in a pairs comp 1st weekend in April. Hopefully we’ll get to go but it’s looking bleak to say the least.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bearing in mind how much hassle I had getting my cash back from several venues last season (deffo a minority but still multiple venues) I'll still pass.

If there are places left in any good comps in the 2nd half of the year when things should be clearer, all good. If not, there is always 2022.
I had exactly the opposite re refunds especially some of the relly helpful Scottish clubs.eg. lundin Links, Monifieth, Panmure. Fairmont St Andrews, Silloth, Downfield to name a few. They all could have not been more helpful

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Me and daviemac are in for the Dumbarnie 2’s aswell, 18holes each on Dumbarnie and Gleneagles Kings in a pairs comp 1st weekend in April. Hopefully we’ll get to go but it’s looking bleak to say the least.
Stu..
Just wondered whether there are any 36 holes in a day at Murca. Was undecided when I saw your post but body will not stand 36 in a day and booked Royal Dt Davids and Aberdovey instead in July

D

Deleted member 1740

Stu..
Just wondered whether there are any 36 holes in a day at Murca. Was undecided when I saw your post but body will not stand 36 in a day and booked Royal Dt Davids and Aberdovey instead in July

The opens we've entered are 18 holes each day. I can't be bothered with 36 holers myself.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The opens we've entered are 18 holes each day. I can't be bothered with 36 holers myself.

Only 36 hole open I've played in was at Princes years ago. Full of scratch golfers waiting for the greens to clear on 400 yard par 4's. First round took over 5 hours, I walked off after 9 holes in the evening. Seen more movement in a glass eye.....

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If it's that late then the government should hang it's head in shame. I'm (same group) expecting to be done early March, then will be phoning as much as possible to get a no shows jab.

All I've done is extrapolated the 2 million a week target to get to the 20-23 million cumulative total that would represent when those in Tier 8 are called up....taking into account the 2.4 million that have already received their first jab that works out at 9-10 weeks time...that puts us end of March....given that targets are rarely met...add another 2-4 weeks to get a realistic idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Only 36 hole open I've played in was at Princes years ago. Full of scratch golfers waiting for the greens to clear on 400 yard par 4's. First round took over 5 hours, I walked off after 9 holes in the evening. Seen more movement in a glass eye.....

??
I can't concentrate for 36 holes so I tend not to play but I will make the exception at times. If I think it's going to be painfully slow then it's a no no.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
On what basis are you expecting to be done early March?

The current stated aim is the top 4 groups by mid February.

I'm in group 8. I'm hoping that things will be in full swing and fully organised by the time they;'ve done the first four groups, so the next lot will be quicker. Nightinggales shop have opened up to vaccinate.

BE POSITIVE !!!!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
All I've done is extrapolated the 2 million a week target to get to the 20-23 million cumulative total that would represent when those in Tier 8 are called up....taking into account the 2.4 million that have already received their first jab that works out at 9-10 weeks time...that puts us end of March....given that targets are rarely met...add another 2-4 weeks to get a realistic idea.

See above. I'm hoping the British skill for organisation is still inherent in the population.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I see that the Clutch Tour has started an Amateur tour for 2021, doesn’t say how much each event is yet but you do have to pay a membership fee of £80.

sunshine

Visit site
I'm in group 8. I'm hoping that things will be in full swing and fully organised by the time they;'ve done the first four groups, so the next lot will be quicker. Nightinggales shop have opened up to vaccinate.

BE POSITIVE !!!!

You don't seem to have factored in the size of each group. There are more people in their 50s than there are in their 80s.