Olympics - Paris 2024

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Regarding Sailing....at our golf club we play annually for the Reg White Trophy.

Reg was a sailing Gold Medallist in the '76 Montreal Olympics.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My brother loves sailing, and loves watching it.

Guy at my golf club told me his nephew adores watching chess, something I just can't get my head around.

There is something for everyone. I think I only know one guy who looks to genuinely loves every single sport that is televised. I reckon most of us hate more sports than we like (well, I probably do anyway)

If I had to list my 3 most boring Olympic Sports (to watch), I'd say Dressage (or all things Equestrian), Sailing and Marathon
I seem to recall world championship chess being televised - Fischer/Spasky maybe and off the back of interest in it - and I found it engaging, absorbing and interesting.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I quite like the sailing but think it's the Ben effect still. Never much of a clue what is going on and not helped by the Dutch crew going the wrong way, allegedly, and messing up the gold only for the referee/umpire? to award them the win anyhow. Chaos.

I quite like that there's still some hark back to tradition in that we're good on water, on horseback and with a shotgun in hand :)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
This must be a first - a forum member arguing with himself in one sentence. Not even close but in the top few?!?!?

What I meant was that the distance Woosnam is ahead of everyone else means nobody else is even close.
It certainly made sense in my head.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So many from so many different sports. Jimmy Anderson freshly retired would be another that would get in many lists.

Lewis Hamilton
Nick Faldo
Phil Taylor
Steve Davis/Stephen Hendrie
Ian Botham
Daley Thompson

Everyone has their own views which

Hamilton no ........................................... but he did have the best car.

I'd give Mark Cavendish a shout, though.
I know he represents IOM, but in my head he is British.
Winning Tour de France stages from 2008 to 2024 ..................... incredible achievement.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Hamilton no ........................................... but he did have the best car.

I'd give Mark Cavendish a shout, though.
I know he represents IOM, but in my head he is British.
Winning Tour de France stages from 2008 to 2024 ..................... incredible achievement.
Beckham up there for me.