Olympics - Paris 2024

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is Judo, Taekwondo or sailing the worst spectator sport at the Olympics? Great for the participants but for those watching 😴

There are probably plenty of non-golfers saying the exact same thing about golf. My husband used to compete in judo as a youngster and loves watching it - because he understands the difficulties and complexities.

Swango1980

Visit site
Is Judo, Taekwondo or sailing the worst spectator sport at the Olympics? Great for the participants but for those watching 😴
My brother loves sailing, and loves watching it.

Guy at my golf club told me his nephew adores watching chess, something I just can't get my head around.

There is something for everyone. I think I only know one guy who looks to genuinely loves every single sport that is televised. I reckon most of us hate more sports than we like (well, I probably do anyway)

If I had to list my 3 most boring Olympic Sports (to watch), I'd say Dressage (or all things Equestrian), Sailing and Marathon

Pin-seeker

Visit site
There are probably plenty of non-golfers saying the exact same thing about golf. My husband used to compete in judo as a youngster and loves watching it - because he understands the difficulties and complexities.
My mates son does MMA at a decent level & Taekwonda is the one he trains at most,it’s so technical & a massive advantage.
But I agree with Lord Tyrion,its boring to watch.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Haven’t watched it this year, but air pistol shooting is right up there. You see competitors lifting their arm, you hear clicks, and then you wait for the scoreboards to update. At least in archery you see something flying and sticking in the target.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
My brother loves sailing, and loves watching it.

Guy at my golf club told me his nephew adores watching chess, something I just can't get my head around.

There is something for everyone. I think I only know one guy who looks to genuinely loves every single sport that is televised. I reckon most of us hate more sports than we like (well, I probably do anyway)

If I had to list my 3 most boring Olympic Sports (to watch), I'd say Dressage (or all things Equestrian), Sailing and Marathon
Any long distance running is boring imo.
Gymnastics has been one of the best so far for me.

I use to enjoy watching Poker on tv 😬

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fencing's a hard one for non-practitioners to get in to on TV. Lots of strange movements, blades that are moving too fast to be caught on camera, and a strange rules in some weapons (not just who hits first). However, as an ex-fencer I absolutely love watching it. The Olympics is the only time you ever see it on TV. Seeing them live in London 2012 was stunning.

Swango1980

Visit site
Fencing's a hard one for non-practitioners to get in to on TV. Lots of strange movements, blades that are moving too fast to be caught on camera, and a strange rules in some weapons (not just who hits first). However, as an ex-fencer I absolutely love watching it. The Olympics is the only time you ever see it on TV. Seeing them live in London 2012 was stunning.
I get that. I watched some of the synchronised diving, and unless they bellyflopped or were a mile out of synch, I thought "that was decent". Yet commentators may gasp, as if they have just made one of the biggest mistakes ever seen.

Similar to gymnastics. If they don't land on their face, it all looks incredible to me