NFL 2016 - new season

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Since the extra point was moved back 15 yards this season, there have been more missed kicks and hence a potential increase in the chance to go for two. But NFL coaches are often terrified of being criticised afterwards if they did that, it backfired and then it turned out to be the deciding factor in the game. So kicking the extra point will continue until the game situation requires two being the optimum play. The success rate of a two-point conversion is around 50%. In the Super Bowl, the Atlanta defense was so worn down, even a simple dive play went for three yards with ease as the first score showed.

Bill Belichick has had two weeks to prepare for the Falcons' offense and I just cannot see them going up and down the field as they have done during the season. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. Look what the Bucs did to the Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII.

So my call is for the Patriots to win by 20+ something like 34-14. I would take the under on the 59 points line (the highest in Super Bowl history).

Well PS that was not a bad call at all, pats got 34 and just outta the 59 point line, also right re defence wins championships, or defence loses them.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Since the extra point was moved back 15 yards this season, there have been more missed kicks and hence a potential increase in the chance to go for two. But NFL coaches are often terrified of being criticised afterwards if they did that, it backfired and then it turned out to be the deciding factor in the game. So kicking the extra point will continue until the game situation requires two being the optimum play. The success rate of a two-point conversion is around 50%. In the Super Bowl, the Atlanta defense was so worn down, even a simple dive play went for three yards with ease as the first score showed.

Bill Belichick has had two weeks to prepare for the Falcons' offense and I just cannot see them going up and down the field as they have done during the season. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. Look what the Bucs did to the Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII.

So my call is for the Patriots to win by 20+ something like 34-14. I would take the under on the 59 points line (the highest in Super Bowl history).

Well PS that was not a bad call at all, pats got 34 and just outta the 59 point line, also right re defence wins championships, or defence loses them.

I was still sticking to the Patriots winning at half-time but at 28-3, was beginning to wonder. As soon as they got the first score, you could see it happening as the Atlanta offense was starting to shut down.

The best bet of the entire Super Bowl was the one about Lady Gaga starting her show with "Edge of glory" - Vegas stopped taking bets on that on the Friday because there was inside knowledge coming out. So she does one line of it, stops and then goes into Poker Face. Apparently that one line was a direct result of the entire betting event. Classic.

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
I was still sticking to the Patriots winning at half-time but at 28-3, was beginning to wonder. As soon as they got the first score, you could see it happening as the Atlanta offense was starting to shut down.

The best bet of the entire Super Bowl was the one about Lady Gaga starting her show with "Edge of glory" - Vegas stopped taking bets on that on the Friday because there was inside knowledge coming out. So she does one line of it, stops and then goes into Poker Face. Apparently that one line was a direct result of the entire betting event. Classic.

Do you know what the in play odds went to for a patriots win when 25 points down?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do you know what the in play odds went to for a patriots win when 25 points down?

They were talking about this on one of the American shows I am involved in but I didn't catch the entire conversation. I know at 28-3, the chances on a Patriot win was 0.6%. Or in other words, a lot more than the chances of everyone on this forum agreeing on something on the Article 50 thread.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Las Vegas Baby!!!!

Looks like it's finally going to happen for the Raiders

Sad for the loyal fans in Oakland, but has to be the best move for the franchise

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hope you're enjoying Hard Knocks featuring my Bucs this year. NFL Films do a great job on this show -Episode of 4 of 5 will air on Sky Thursday night and it is good (already seen it). As for the season itself, only look at the Bucs and a playoff berth is definitely in range.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a bills fan, its gonna be a long season (or short one again), dont look good preseason, more changes made to coaching staff, Tyrod at QB, who is better at scrambling than passing, with an Oline that gives little support, he needs to be quick! but can see it being another awful season in a very tough division

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just set up a new thread for the 2017 season. I was talking to Kevin Cadle recently and he is more disillusioned with his Bills than ever before.