New Nike Air Max shoes

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Not my cup of tea, prefer more traditional shoes like dryjoys or icons. Spikeless and trainer golf shoes are a false economy, they arnt as hard wearing and don't provide the same grip and support but each to their own as they say. Cant imagine wearing a pair of air max in my chinos would look like a bit of an idiot I feel

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not my cup of tea, prefer more traditional shoes like dryjoys or icons. Spikeless and trainer golf shoes are a false economy, they arnt as hard wearing and don't provide the same grip and support but each to their own as they say. Cant imagine wearing a pair of air max in my chinos would look like a bit of an idiot I feel

sorry but this is just isnt true, but you keep wearing your heavy uncomfortable outdated brogues (yep i can make baseless assumptions too :) )

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do like a nice pair of icons.
But a lot of people with foot problems might be better off with the cushioning of this shoe.
But agree with shorts nice ,Chinos not so.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
sorry but this is just isnt true, but you keep wearing your heavy uncomfortable outdated brogues (yep i can make baseless assumptions too :) )
Heavy ? No the best shoes you can buy from a quality standpoint- yes

I've had loads of spikeless shoes, ecco, pro Sl, adicross . I wear golf shoes at some point 6 days a week and they are not as good as a dryjoy or icon. Wont even last half the time or provide the same grip. Not worth buying

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've bought into the Nike Trainer > Golf shoe before, they did similar last year with their "Roche" style of trainer. I've only worn them on the course during the summer heat wave but these shoes are probably the comfiest golf shoes I own but I choose to wear them more outside of the course for now.

They are great for in the clubhouse, putting green, practice area and driving range but it's too wet to wear them on the course all year round.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

My Nike spikeless are 3 1/2 years old now and still like new. I much prefer spikeless in the summer, not only are they comfier than spikes I find the spikes dig into grass too much and I can't shift my feet as freely as I want. Spikes all the way in winter though.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
i might be tempted by these as I am looking for a trainer style shoe that will hopefully help the pain I get in my knees when I play

D

Deleted member 17920

Interesting, normal traditional golf shoes now make up a very small proportion of the market, most sales we do are summer based shoes.

Skechers are flying out of the door and the dryjoys and icons are hardly selling at all.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting, normal traditional golf shoes now make up a very small proportion of the market, most sales we do are summer based shoes.

Skechers are flying out of the door and the dryjoys and icons are hardly selling at all.
That’s why the price of the icons has dropped to reasonable .
You can’t beat them in winter imo.
But spikeless all day in summer.
I do like the black nike ones

D

Deleted Member 1156

The air max range has for as long as I can remember had a reputation as not being a very upmarket range and golf clubs can be quite fussy with dress codes and image so would have thought a few would say no. I could be wrong though obviously.
The only golf shoes I've heard of being banned were those lightweight Adidas ones a few years ago. I see no issue at all with these ones.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
In fact you'd be aswell just buying a normal pair of air max and wearing them on dry days

That's because like everything people want cheap, they don't want to pay for quality stuff for the most part but as I say it's a false economy when it comes to golf shoes. A pair of footjoy icons or dryjoy tours will last 3x as long. Same with ecco shoes, the proper ones, they are hard wearing. You'd be aswell just buying a regular pair of classic air max and playing golf in dry weather with them rather than buying these.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In fact you'd be aswell just buying a normal pair of air max and wearing them on dry days

That's because like everything people want cheap, they don't want to pay for quality stuff for the most part but as I say it's a false economy when it comes to golf shoes. A pair of footjoy icons or dryjoy tours will last 3x as long. Same with ecco shoes, the proper ones, they are hard wearing. You'd be aswell just buying a regular pair of classic air max and playing golf in dry weather with them rather than buying these.
Your idea of cheap isn't the same as mine. I'd expect these Air Max to be over £100, and some of the Skechers that LQ mentioned are similar price. No, the reason they're popular is because people want comfort and fashion, and not to look like they're wearing formal brogues on the course like a city gent who's just come straight from the office.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

which are the proper ones so i know next time im buying? currently a Biom hybrid wearer, are these proper ones?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Your idea of cheap isn't the same as mine. I'd expect these Air Max to be over £100, and some of the Skechers that LQ mentioned are similar price. No, the reason they're popular is because people want comfort and fashion, and not to look like they're wearing formal brogues on the course like a city gent who's just come straight from the office.
Icons are well over £200, top of the range ecco and footjoy are roughly £200, so i suppose it depends what you see as cheap mid range and more expensive. I'd expect a mid range shoe for between 85-110

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Icons are well over £200, top of the range ecco and footjoy are roughly £200, so i suppose it depends what you see as cheap mid range and more expensive. I'd expect a mid range shoe for between 85-110
Clearly you've never been in a Sports Direct, lol. Slazenger for £28 mate, now THAT'S cheap. :LOL: