New Nike Air Max shoes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't say I ever shop for golf stuff in sports direct, don't fancy the slazenger and Dunlop stuff:poop:
I wouldn't touch their shoes to be fair, they would certainly fall apart before long. My point was simply to point out that these Air Max will not be regarded as 'cheap' as you said earlier. (y)

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't touch their shoes to be fair, they would certainly fall apart before long. My point was simply to point out that these Air Max will not be regarded as 'cheap' as you said earlier. (y)
They arnt expensive in real terms either, you'd be better just buying the ordinary ones, wait you can't wear trainers on a golf course...look the same though

Wolf

Visit site
They arnt expensive in real terms either, you'd be better just buying the ordinary ones, wait you can't wear trainers on a golf course...look the same though
That depends on your viewpoint though and earnings etc, a lot of people would consider £100+ expensive but others will say that's mid range, it literally depends in budget as to what people think is expensive.

These ones will be priced around £130+, to keep the price in line with the normal trainer variety of them.

Personally wouldn't spend more than £120 on a pair of shoes for golf because of other outgoings, I can get a very decent pair of spikeless that would wear well for a good couple years for that price or better.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
That depends on your viewpoint though and earnings etc, a lot of people would consider £100+ expensive but others will say that's mid range, it literally depends in budget as to what people think is expensive.

These ones will be priced around £130+, to keep the price in line with the normal trainer variety of them.

Personally wouldn't spend more than £120 on a pair of shoes for golf because of other outgoings, I can get a very decent pair of spikeless that would wear well for a good couple years for that price or better.
I get around 5/6 months out of a £110 nike shoes, they do see a lot of wear more than your average keen golfer would put on them. I'd get at least 15 months out of dryjoy tour before they'd warrant being replaced with the same wear. Tend to keep my good footjoy just for playing and the nikes etc for practicing or playing a few holes

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to know the ones Ive had for several years arent proper ones and arent hard wearing, thanks for the clarification

Yeah

I had Ecco hybrid tour with moulded spikes.

They only lasted a pretty shocking 5 WHOLE years before the waterproofing finally gave in....

Worth noting that the non hard wearing spikes were literally as good as new when I finally binned them.

Still I’m glad it’s been confirmed we bought inferior products

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah

I had Ecco hybrid tour with moulded spikes.

They only lasted a pretty shocking 5 WHOLE years before the waterproofing finally gave in....

Worth noting that the non hard wearing spikes were literally as good as new when I finally binned them.

Still I’m glad it’s been confirmed we bought inferior products
How often do you play or wear them ? Can't imagine all that often if you get 5 years out a pair

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably about 30 - 40 times a year give or take. In all weathers too.

Best shoes I’ve ever owned.

I even did a little speech before I lay them to rest in a bin after a round at a waterlogged Mottram Hall

I am on FJ Icons now. Look the biz but I doubt I’ll get anything more than. 18 months from them.

Based on previous FJ’s I’ve owned that is.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Probably about 30 - 40 times a year give or take. In all weathers too.

Best shoes I’ve ever owned.

I even did a little speech before I lay them to rest in a bin after a round at a waterlogged Mottram Hall

I am on FJ Icons now. Look the biz but I doubt I’ll get anything more than. 18 months from them.

Based on previous FJ’s I’ve owned that is.
So you put the same wear on shoes in a year I'd put on them in about 7 weeks, enough said

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I think with the advent of spikeless shoes that has all changed. Be careful what socks you wear at some clubs but shoes are now pretty much a free for all.

I hate the change I’m seeing. flat peak hats, high top golf shoes, now the chavs favourite footwear icon available as a golf shoe.

Next. Golf specific shell suit.

We will fit in well with the great unwashed outside the off licenses soon.

But at least we will have white socks on!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you put the same wear on shoes in a year I'd put on them in about 7 weeks, enough said

‘Enough said’ what?

What does that even mean??

Do you want a medal for being so amazing?

I find it so hard to believe that grown adults have such strong opinions on a pair of bloody shoes. It’s comical and slightly cringeworthy

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate the change I’m seeing. flat peak hats, high top golf shoes, now the chavs favourite footwear icon available as a golf shoe.

Next. Golf specific shell suit.

We will fit in well with the great unwashed outside the off licenses soon.

But at least we will have white socks on!

Nike air Jordan’s pre date the term ‘chavs’ by about 20 years

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
‘Enough said’ what?

What does that even mean??

Do you want a medal for being so amazing?

I find it so hard to believe that grown adults have such strong opinions on a pair of bloody shoes. It’s comical and slightly cringeworthy
I think the explanation is self explanatory. Didn't say I was amazing just putting it into perspective, I did say I put more wear on shoes than your average guy

Wolf

Visit site
As do flat peaked hats date back way before the Chav in fact if I am Right without googling they were around back in the 40s as there plenty of images of baseball players in that era wearing them.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Chavs/neds have always been about, completely agree the styling of these in a golfing perspective is whack and they would look ridiculous with a pair of golf trousers. Would anybody wear trousers or chinos with Jordan's down the shops