New Nike Air Max shoes

Wolf

Visit site
Chavs/neds have always been about, completely agree the styling of these in a golfing perspective is whack and they would look ridiculous with a pair of golf trousers. Would anybody wear trousers or chinos with Jordan's down the shops
Most people wouldn't wear chinos or trousers down the shops, normally it's jeans which can look smart with a pair of high tops... Nothing beats a pair of yeezys with a shellsuit though 😂

D

Deleted member 15344

How often do you play or wear them ? Can't imagine all that often if you get 5 years out a pair

I prob play in average about 200 rounds a year - mainly use soft spikes and they last me - Pro SL and the Skechers. There is a reason why most were soft moulded spikes these days - comfort. I have had a pair of Dryjoys and Icons - found them very uncomfortable, gave the Dryjoys away after a couple of months and sent the Icons back when they started to leak after 5 months ( replaced with Pro SL )

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
High tops are horrendous, if you wouldn't wear chinos with the trainers because they look bad why would you wear the golf ones with them

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I prob play in average about 200 rounds a year - mainly use soft spikes and they last me - Pro SL and the Skechers. There is a reason why most were soft moulded spikes these days - comfort. I have had a pair of Dryjoys and Icons - found them very uncomfortable, gave the Dryjoys away after a couple of months and sent the Icons back when they started to leak after 5 months ( replaced with Pro SL )
The pro/Sl are terrible . Lasted me 3 months, also not much lateral foot support after they are broken in. Good if you are sponsored to wear them though

Wolf

Visit site
High tops are horrendous, if you wouldn't wear chinos with the trainers because they look bad why would you wear the golf ones with them
I'd more question why you'd wear chinos when not playing golf unless it's for work or a dressed up night out...

Good old fashion pair of Converse or Vans high tops could be worn easily with chinos or jeans alike.

You could wear the golf ones with them purely for comfort, ankle support or might just like them. It's no different to someone asking you why you choose to wear the golf shoes you do. Because you like them and find them comfortable, which is exactly why everyone else chooses the shoes they do.

Wolf

Visit site
I had some skechers summer shoes. Used them 6 days a week for 2 years. Lasted really well.

Only replaced them because we got some footjoy SL to use.
Saw some nice Skecher shoes in your place not long ago when I came up to use the range, I was sorely tempted but then realised Mrs Wolf had invested in a nice new pair for me for Christmas so I may have a jaunt back to your shop for a nice summer pair

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't think i've ever owned a pair of shoes or trainers for general use of golf that have been discarded due to being unfit for purpose. Probably own 8 pairs of golf shoes which will make there way to my dad when i fancy a new shiny pair.

If someone is worried about what provides best value when playing over 100 rounds in em they are worrying over nothing imo. You'll probably spend more on ball, mars bars and bottle of pop in that amount of time!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Lol wearing those with trousers is a fashion crime, I'm not even fashion conscious but wouldn't wear them on the course for that reason

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'd more question why you'd wear chinos when not playing golf unless it's for work or a dressed up night out...

Good old fashion pair of Converse or Vans high tops could be worn easily with chinos or jeans alike.

You could wear the golf ones with them purely for comfort, ankle support or might just like them. It's no different to someone asking you why you choose to wear the golf shoes you do. Because you like them and find them comfortable, which is exactly why everyone else chooses the shoes they do.
I wear chinos far more often than jeans now. I'm happy wearing a £10 pair of chinos from primark for a few months then throwing em away, £10 jeans from primark. No thanks!

Wolf

Visit site
I wear chinos far more often than jeans now. I'm happy wearing a £10 pair of chinos from primark for a few months then throwing em away, £10 jeans from primark. No thanks!
£10 pair of of jeans from primark would probably only last a couple weeks, my dad made that mistake when he went away last year he forgot to take his jeans so bought a pair of cheap primark ones for his trip they didn't make the end of the Fortnight so I'd definetly agree there 😂

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the explanation is self explanatory. Didn't say I was amazing just putting it into perspective, I did say I put more wear on shoes than your average guy
Out of interest, how do you put more wear on a shoe than the average guy? More rounds or special shoe busting move?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Matalan is your friend. I’ve got 7 pairs of skinny legs chinos from there (down with the kids or what👍) they aren’t the most robust especially when carrying, hence the 7 pairs but they’re 12 quid a pair

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
200 rounds in 7 weeks... Without consulting a calculator wouldn't that be 28 rounds a week.... That would have to be some going 😂

Thought similar to be fair 😂 said nothing though

I said 40 times per year for 5 years

Now I’m not a mathematician but I’m sure that’s around the 200 mark...

7 weeks...

Hmmm

Edit- just re read.

He said in a year.

Still 2 rounds per week for 7 weeks is still only 14 rounds.

Not the 40 as claimed

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought similar to be fair 😂 said nothing though

I said 40 times per year for 5 years

Now I’m not a mathematician but I’m sure that’s around the 200 mark...

7 weeks...

Hmmm
Your clearly not very sharp, 2 or 3 times a week for 7 weeks let's call it 18 rounds over 7 weeks. Lots of practice, playing 4/5 holes. I put shoes through what you put them in a YEAR in 7ish weeks. Pretty sure I did say a year.