New Nike Air Max shoes

Wolf

Visit site
Thought similar to be fair 😂 said nothing though

I said 40 times per year for 5 years

Now I’m not a mathematician but I’m sure that’s around the 200 mark...

7 weeks...

Hmmm

Edit- just re read.

He said in a year.

Still 2 rounds per week for 7 weeks is still only 14 rounds.

Not the 40 as claimed
Now that makes more sense as that's without a calculator somewhere in region of 3.5 rounds a week.

So in fairness to Parsaregood he is getting very good value for money out of his shoes.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought similar to be fair 😂 said nothing though

I said 40 times per year for 5 years

Now I’m not a mathematician but I’m sure that’s around the 200 mark...

7 weeks...

Hmmm

Edit- just re read.

He said in a year.
Your clearly not very sharp, 2 or 3 times a week for 7 weeks let's call it 18 rounds over 7 weeks. Lots of practice, playing 4/5 holes. I put shoes through what you put them in a YEAR in 7ish weeks. Pretty sure I did say a year.

No

I am pretty bright to be honest. No need to get personal lofty....

You did say a year I miss read. Hold my hands up chief.

However 18 rounds is not the claimed 40 rounds..

Using my massive brain I calculate that that is not even half of what you initially said...

Also you own a load of shoes as you admit above.

I can only conclude you are both

A. Not very sharp either

Or

B. A bit of a fantasist

Or

C. A billy BS’er

Not that I’m judging or being personal pal

👍🏻

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
you quote fashion crimes at the same time as talking about wearing chinos. crack on lol
Pretty sure most golfers either wear chinos or golf specific trousers. Unless your in a warm climate wear shorts may be more appropriate. Hope that's not you in your profile picture.:ROFLMAO:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
No

I am pretty bright to be honest. No need to get personal lofty....

You did say a year I miss read. Hold my hands up chief.

However 18 rounds is not the claimed 40 rounds..

Using my massive brain I calculate that that is not even half of what you initially said...

Also you own a load of shoes as you admit above.

I can only conclude you are both

A. Not very sharp either

Or

B. A bit of a fantasist

Or

C. A billy BS’er

Not that I’m judging or being personal pal

👍🏻
Ok so you don't count the half rounds, hitting hundreds of balls, walking picking up balls etc in the wear factor ? Seems only sensible to do so.

Also in answer to yer questions 'pal' I'm a realist and say things how I see them

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You wanna get more pairs of shoes. Homer can lend you some 👍
I am down to the last 20 pairs BUT I have some of these that are nearly ten tears old and still waterproof. I would say I play and practice (especially in the summer) as much as anyone and will be at the club 7 days a week from when the clocks change until they switch in October. That will include playing a minimum of nine holes per day and/or several hours practice so my shoes do get put through the mill and I usually use just a couple of middle aged ones for the summer (until I invest in a spikeless pair with my pro shop winnings).

The point is my shoes are given equally a hard a time as anything Parsaregood is saying but because the shoes have been well looked after, cleaned regularly and have dubbin applied on a as and when basis they have all stood the test of time. The ones that have started to give up the ghost have then always been relegated to range shoes before getting replaced and chucked out further down the line.

I fail to see in my own simple mind what difference it really makes and what difference it makes if you wear top of the range icons, these new Air max, or a pair of flip flops and socks (is there a more heinous fashion faux pas?) as long as the feet are comfy, dry and you can walk around the course easily without causing damage on the greens

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Perhaps it will take a generation, but I see golf style having a big evolution soon. Ultimately it's a sport, and the apparel worn should be that which primarily provides the best performance, rather than just follows a certain tradition. If people then like certain styles above that and choose a more modern or more traditional twist, that's fine, but there is no reason to be upset, offended or whatever else just because others like a different style.

All sports have some dress requirements, but not usually to the extreme of golf, unless the requirement is for safety or fair play. I will follow the rules of where I play as a courtesy but still don't understand why it really matters what socks you wear, or why tour players cannot wear shorts, but then again maybe I am just a heathen!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will follow the rules of where I play as a courtesy but still don't understand why it really matters what socks you wear, or why tour players cannot wear shorts, but then again maybe I am just a heathen!
You may be but we can be heathens together (y).

In reality the pendulum in swinging our way and it will only continue further over the coming years.

sunshine

Visit site
I am down to the last 20 pairs BUT I have some of these that are nearly ten tears old and still waterproof. I would say I play and practice (especially in the summer) as much as anyone and will be at the club 7 days a week from when the clocks change until they switch in October. That will include playing a minimum of nine holes per day and/or several hours practice so my shoes do get put through the mill and I usually use just a couple of middle aged ones for the summer (until I invest in a spikeless pair with my pro shop winnings).

20 pairs, tremendous! Maybe I can consult a connoisseur such as yourself to share some insight? Which shoes have remained waterproof the longest?

I have found that my shoes often start to let in water as soon as the 12 month warranty runs out. In particular I recall a really smart looking pair of black Adipure shoes which started leaking pretty much on their 1st birthday, which was really disappointing as I had worn them no more than 15 times.

By the way, playing golf 7 times a week is a great effort! When are we going to see you on tour?

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has anyone been pulled up on wearing trainers on the course over the past few years, since the new style golf shoes came out?

I wore trainers (similar in look to those in the OP) fairly often last summer due to some foot problems. No one was any the wiser and it caused absolutely no affect to the greens (actually caused less damage than my Nike Lunars do). Also, when dry, I noticed no performance difference compared to summer golf shoes!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps it will take a generation, but I see golf style having a big evolution soon. Ultimately it's a sport, and the apparel worn should be that which primarily provides the best performance, rather than just follows a certain tradition. If people then like certain styles above that and choose a more modern or more traditional twist, that's fine, but there is no reason to be upset, offended or whatever else just because others like a different style.

All sports have some dress requirements, but not usually to the extreme of golf, unless the requirement is for safety or fair play. I will follow the rules of where I play as a courtesy but still don't understand why it really matters what socks you wear, or why tour players cannot wear shorts, but then again maybe I am just a heathen!
Agree here you only have to look at some of the “loudmouth” trousers they look like the costumes that were worn by Jesters in the the Kings court.
If that’s what you like great but nobody should really dictate what anybody wears.
There has to be a change in attitudes.
If them trousers are allowed then there should be no problems with the Nike’s.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
20 pairs, tremendous! Maybe I can consult a connoisseur such as yourself to share some insight? Which shoes have remained waterproof the longest?

I have found that my shoes often start to let in water as soon as the 12 month warranty runs out. In particular I recall a really smart looking pair of black Adipure shoes which started leaking pretty much on their 1st birthday, which was really disappointing as I had worn them no more than 15 times.

By the way, playing golf 7 times a week is a great effort! When are we going to see you on tour?

I didn't say I played well when I go out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's difficult with shoes especially FJ's. Without doubt, (at least in my opinion) their build quality in the last few years has seen a serious decline and I know many on here and at my club have had serious issues with leaks and splitting. In my case I have a pair of Dryjoys which are plain black and which get plenty of use, especially in winter when it's easier to clean black shoes back up, and they are eight years old and still going strong. I do let them dry naturally (with shoe horns and silicon gel pack in, or packed with newspaper if really wet), then polish them once dry, and every couple of rounds will let the polish dry and soak in and then add dubbin. Going great guns

I struggle with Adidas shoes in terms of finding some to fit so haven't got a pair for a while but the last pair I had with the same sort of cleaning regime lasted a good three years.

I feel there are some good brands out there. I am interested in getting some Under Armour or Skechers. Not a fan of the Ecco designs and may take another look at the 2019 adidas and see if I can find a fit along with these new Nike offerings

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Has anyone been pulled up on wearing trainers on the course over the past few years, since the new style golf shoes came out?

I wore trainers (similar in look to those in the OP) fairly often last summer due to some foot problems. No one was any the wiser and it caused absolutely no affect to the greens (actually caused less damage than my Nike Lunars do). Also, when dry, I noticed no performance difference compared to summer golf shoes!
Yep! Twice.

Had a pair of Nike Roshe (golf/tan) And once at my course and once when visiting (donnington valley) I had an elder gentleman comment on them. The guy at donnington was pleasant enough. Asked if they were actually for golf and then Simply remarked how things are changing for all us youngsters (he was certainly retired).

The guy at my place was quite happy to tell me how they were a disgrace and made the play look run down and accepting anyone. The fact he looked like all his gear had come from a rubbish tip (which I happily pointed out) was not appreciated.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The guy at my place was quite happy to tell me how they were a disgrace and made the play look run down and accepting anyone. The fact he looked like all his gear had come from a rubbish tip (which I happily pointed out) was not appreciated.

This always made me laugh at my old club, some of the older guys would sneer at the trainer type shoes as not being fit for a golf course etc etc. These same guys wore golf shirts that looked ready for the incinerator and trousers that should probably follow suit. Shoes were FJ but dated circa 1970. That's not to say that it's all of the older generation as plenty of other guys of that age had no issues and actually commented on the comfort especially during the summer when it was like walking on concrete!! Anyway, life and let live, if a pair of someone else's shoes are really going to get you all het up then your life must be a very dull place.