Mince Pies

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Friends arrived for a visit over the weekend and kindly brought me some M&S mince pies so I've had one straight out the box with morning coffee, yum

1696840574040.png

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Went to Morrisons yesterday as we had to go to Preston. The deep filled mince pies @ 4 for £2 were excellent. Great pastry and plenty on mince

Highly recommended Lord T. Much better than M and S. whose puff pastry were tasteless and the others little filling

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to Morrisons yesterday as we had to go to Preston. The deep filled mince pies @ 4 for £2 were excellent. Great pastry and plenty on mince

Highly recommended Lord T. Much better than M and S. whose puff pastry were tasteless and the others little filling
I got those ones as well funnily enough - Morrisons 'The Best' deep filled mince pies. We were doing a Morrisons Deliveroo order and I chucked them in on a whim. They are very nice.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure tbh,just the thought of eating one 🤢
I thought I wouldn't like them, because I don't like fruit or fruit based desserts. But I did and they're really nice. I was pleasantly surprised, now I get them every winter. Perfect little snack after dinner on a cold night. 😄

Do people warm theirs up? I've noticed that 5 seconds in the microwave isn't enough, but 10 seconds makes them hotter than the sun on the inside. I've settled for pinging the door open after 7 seconds now.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I thought I wouldn't like them, because I don't like fruit or fruit based desserts. But I did and they're really nice. I was pleasantly surprised, now I get them every winter. Perfect little snack after dinner on a cold night. 😄

Do people warm theirs up? I've noticed that 5 seconds in the microwave isn't enough, but 10 seconds makes them hotter than the sun on the inside. I've settled for pinging the door open after 7 seconds now.
Yeah I only really like fresh fruit.
Don’t like Bounty’s,but like coconut.
I do like Terrys chocolate oranges tho 🤷‍♂️😊

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I don't warm them every time but I do every so often. It feels oddly decadent so it becomes a little treat in itself 😄.

I agree about the timings it's a tough call. I probably go 9-10 but no more. Is a hot minced pie the only thing close to the temperature of a lasagne in a pub? In case the pastry falls apart, it often does when warmed, I also eat it with a spoon if heated. It makes it easier.

Who'd have thought this would be a Thursday night chat but then I've just finished the latest Richard Osman book and I can hear Joyce talking 🤣

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still dont get it. I like a pie, and I like a cake - but mince pies are neither! Edible, yep; tasty enough; but nothing to venerate ...

Get over it guys and start to worship the true star of the treacle slice

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Guys I'm a fan of the microwave (I remember where I was when I first saw one in the early 80's). But just stop putting mince pies in it pls!

One of those rare occasions when it's worth taking the time to fire up the oven and let the anticipation build for 10 minutes before adding the brandy butter (and cream)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guys I'm a fan of the microwave (I remember where I was when I first saw one in the early 80's). But just stop putting mince pies in it pls!

One of those rare occasions when it's worth taking the time to fire up the oven and let the anticipation build for 10 minutes before adding the brandy butter (and cream)
You can tell that you no longer live in the UK. Fire up the oven to heat a mince pie with the cost of electricity now :oops: . The choice is practically oven v golf membership :cry:. It's 9 seconds in the microwave for those of us in Blighty still.