Mince Pies

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was picking something up from Sainsbury's last night and saw their 'Taste The Difference' range, brandy infused, reduced to £1.75. I had one at tea break today and it was lovely. Well worth getting.

You can almost end the thread here.

Tip, they are never as nice the second day as the brandy punch starts to lose its kick!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Last time I tried the Morrisons bakery ones, I found them the pastry a little underdone. Happy to sacrifice myself to try them again though.

I've never had that..

The pastry to filling ratio is great IMO, love the pastry too! Nice and fresh

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Picked up a box of 6 today… had one after lunch. Dry & tasteless. Had one after mid afternoon coffee, and sensibly drizzled in a little brandy… bliss

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It cant have been 3 years since we discussed the morrisons bakery pie can it?!
Is that the large "proper pie" sized one? Completely forgot about those, fantastic last time I tried, but have been supplementing with Morrisons bakery puff pastry mince pies.

My other question is should we start a separate Panettone thread, or include it in this one?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Is that the large "proper pie" sized one? Completely forgot about those, fantastic last time I tried, but have been supplementing with Morrisons bakery puff pastry mince pies.

My other question is should we start a separate Panettone thread, or include it in this one?

I'm a fan of the 6 pack of bakery fresh mince pies. They're simply sublime.