Mince Pies

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mrs F received a box from work. Turns out they were "lovingly baked by Anthea", sadly they were also "unlovingly destroyed by the postal system" before arrival lol. Look like a dogs dinner but taste absolutely fabulous, heavy on the port and amaretto on the filling :)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I only have a choice of one make but any mince pie is better than no mince pie..

Had my first two of the season last night with some homemade brandy butter and cream.. Yum

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
This year I’ve tried

Sainsburys puff pastry - soft oily pastry and not at all nice.

Morrisons The Best deep filled - very nice, good short crust pastry.

Morrisons puff pastry - very nice, crisp pastry. would have been my favorite if we hadn’t picked up a reduced to sell Morrison’s Giant Lattice mince pie late in the day

Absolutely the best of the lot this year. Pastry is delicious, nice filling and a total bonus at 75p. Sitting here in bed eating a large slice with coffee for my breakfast. Might run out later and see if I can get another one.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Our local gelato supplier did this as a special at Christmas a couple of years ago, it was really delicious, unfortunately I do not think they are producing at the moment.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just popped into Booths today, not our normal place these days and what did I see LT

Lakes Mince Pie Ice cream. Being after Christmas it was half price. It would be stupid not to buy 2 so I did.
Sounds lovely ? . Top purchase ?

Booths is quality. You wouldn't want to do your big shop there but it's great for fun things, good quality food and drink.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nipped into Booths as we needed something M and S did not stock.

They had Mince pies on sale. thought they were expensive and Mrs 3OTT reminded me I had not finished last season’s yet. I resisted bu speaking to the check out lady she said they were selling well!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
They're on sale in our local Lidl already too...

Its beginning to feel a lot like its too early...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They should be on sale all year and the m&s all butter are as good as any shop bought pie .
Having said that Morrisons do a nice pie with puff pastry and are very nice , good amount of filling as well.
You can't really go wrong with any brand of the all butter ones. The standard ones can be very disappointing though, best avoided.

I haven't tried the puff pastry version, not really a big fan. Might try that one though, you had me at 'good amount of filling' 😄