Michael jackson

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I heard an interview with the director of a documentary which is to be aired soon, he seemed utterly convinced that MJ was a paedophile. Think it's a fairly long two parter so I'll be definitely watching that.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do struggle with the claims made after someone (famous as well) has died.
However, it would be foolish to think that just because someone has died and the claims are historical doesn't mean they didnt happen.
If you work on the principal that just as there are paedo's and others around now, it must follow that there were that sort of person around as far back as you want to go. Therefore as much as you may want to disbelive something unpleasant about someone you like or admire doesnt mean it may not have happened.
If the weight of testimonys coming forward are credible, you have to belive the person in question was something secretly unpleasant.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I do struggle with the claims made after someone (famous as well) has died.
However, it would be foolish to think that just because someone has died and the claims are historical doesn't mean they didnt happen.
If you work on the principal that just as there are paedo's and others around now, it must follow that there were that sort of person around as far back as you want to go. Therefore as much as you may want to disbelive something unpleasant about someone you like or admire doesnt mean it may not have happened.
If the weight of testimonys coming forward are credible, you have to belive the person in question was something secretly unpleasant.
Tbf tho the claims were also made whilst he was alive.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Nothing new here, there have been concerns and allegations about MJ's 'unhealthy' relationships with young kids for as long as I can remember.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wonder if these are the two same guys where one claimed he was abused on certain dates only for the courts to find out MJ was actually on Tour. Or where one of them was questioned as an adult and testified that NOTHING happened....:unsure:

Me thinks, someones fallen onto financial difficulty.....;):LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We'll probably never know for sure. Macauley Culkin says he wasn't, and that's good enough for me. Not point pursuing it and missing out and a good collection of pop tunes IMO.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently the documentary that was on in the US last night was grossly one sided, focusing solely on the testimony of the accusers without any subsequent fact-checking (two of the accusers never met MJ according to Michael's primary bodyguard who apparently if you wanted to see Michael, you had to go through him). The same 2 accusers in the documentary also swore under oath in court that their relationship with Jackson was never inappropriate or sexual, and it wasn't until one of them was rejected for a job by the Jackson estate that he changed his story and began accusing Michael. The FBI investigated Jackson for 13 years, raided his estate twice, he was in court for 4 months and he was found not guilty, they couldn't even get him on a misdemeanour. He did some bizarre things admittedly, but a child molester? I don't think so.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As someone who has worked with vulnerable young people in the past a lot of the behaivour MJ displayed eg building Neverland having a monkey taking children shopping when the shops were usually closed was more than questionable. I have always been convinced I knew what he was, and the fact that I have to listen to his music annoys me to the core.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anybody actually watched 'Leaving Neverland' yet?

I saw about 90 mins of the first one last night and have to say it's pretty heavy stuff whilst there's a huge question mark over the parents and the access they apparently allowed MJ to have with their children, and that's regardless of it being true or false. They reminded me a little of those parents in 'abducted in plain sight' or whatever it's called on Netflix.

Some of the stuff these two describe and I find it hard for it to be fabricated as its quite disturbing yet the one thing that is niggling away is that their memories of all these 'events' are almost spot on in the way they tell the story. I'm not sure their memories should be so clear from being 6yo BUT perhaps if all true, I could argue with myself that those memories will never disappear.

The only one 'hhhmmm' moment I had watching it was one of the many pieces to camera one of em was doing (the Australian chap, perhaps around 70 mins in) and they way he described what 'went down' (pun intended) just seemed, I dunno, unnatural. But I'm no psychologist.

I'll be watching the rest tonight and am, dare I say, looking forward to it.