Masters 2023

evemccc

Visit site
Despite no doubt incurring the wrath of a number on here, I think it would be for the best if Tiger blows up in the first round - to save any expectations from his die-hard fans for the rest of the week, to save his body, and to save us from the media wetting themselves for the next few days

Edit: I was extremely happy he won it in 2019, and thought it a superb story and was v pleased for him and his family that he won that year

AJNairn

Visit site
Despite no doubt incurring the wrath of a number on here, I think it would be for the best if Tiger blows up in the first round - to save any expectations from his die-hard fans for the rest of the week, to save his body, and to save us from the media wetting themselves for the next few days

Edit: I was extremely happy he won it in 2019, and thought it a superb story and was v pleased for him and his family that he won that year
I'm inclined to agree! I just hope he doesn't do further damage to his body! His plan to play (just) the majors is a pretty severe schedule that is a year to early imo!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
So. Rahm doubles the first. And as he is playing the 6th Coltart comes out with the ludicrous observation that he is “very much up against it” to win The Masters because no champion has doubled the first hole of their opening round in the last forty years.

Clearly the fact that Rahm has already got those dropped shots back and is level through his first five holes is wasted on Coltart, then?

If he and Dame Laura continue talking utter drivel my TV will be on mute before we’re even into the back nine on day one.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a Masters sweep at the club that is being run in the pro shop. For the first time ever I want to draw Sandy Lyle. For the first two rounds there is a £20 prize for the worst score. 🤣
I got Viktor Hovland. I hope his score is better than his shirt 🤣

D

Deleted member 1147

So. Rahm doubles the first. And as he is playing the 6th Coltart comes out with the ludicrous observation that he is “very much up against it” to win The Masters because no champion has doubled the first hole of their opening round in the last forty years.

Clearly the fact that Rahm has already got those dropped shots back and is level through his first five holes is wasted on Coltart, then?

If he and Dame Laura continue talking utter drivel my TV will be on mute before we’re even into the back nine on day one.
Well he is up against it.
He’s already 3 behind the leader.

sjw

Visit site
On the plus side, at least if you’re wearing a shirt that hideous you don’t need to give much thought to your choice of trousers. It doesn’t go with anything 😳
He looks a hell of a lot better than Koepka. Not sure who told the latter that he could wear those shoes with that shirt. Yes, they're both yellow, but they sure as hell don't match!!

I think Hovland looks absolutely fine. He is wearing all black everything else, best he could do (maybe you meant it doesn't go with anything other than black?). I reckon khaki trousers would've been a play too.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not a bad fightback from Rahm

So already annoyed by

“Patrons”

Davies , Coltart and McGinley