LIV Golf

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I watched most of yesterday via the Amen Corner feed on the red button. You get to see all the players come through and once the leaders played 13 I switched to the main feed. After watching a few hours of ad free, uninterrupted golf, with sparse commentary and no switching back to the studio and being able to listen to the conversations between the players and their caddies, it was striking how bad a watch the main Live Golf feed was.
Not sure ended up in this thread but yes, the hole grouping or featured groups were well needed. Each time the main broadcast went to an ad break, a 'feature', or a recap I was off to watch golf and didn't always rush back.
I guess with it being earlier in the US the recaps are maybe popular, but so cheesy, with Nance or similar droning on. Not for me, thanks.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is that a World Weekly News type thing ?

These type of bot sparked headlines should only be taken seriously when there is a 'done deal' mood music going with them like there was for when Cantlay and Schauffele joined LIV after the Ryder Cup, Finau joined before Christmas, or there was the big exodus from the PGAT after the Fedex finale.

Fore Right

Visit site
Is that a World Weekly News type thing ?

These type of bot sparked headlines should only be taken seriously when there is a 'done deal' mood music going with them like there was for when Cantlay and Schauffele joined LIV after the Ryder Cup, Finau joined before Christmas, or there was the big exodus from the PGAT after the Fedex finale.
Your right..... But
For context worth noting there was also mood music for Brooks Koepka Cam Smith and Jon Rahm. 👍

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've learnt over the last 18 months not to rule anything out but I'm not taking City A.M too seriously as a credible source.

The Telegraph guy seems the most well informed for sources.

I tend to go on my gut feeling from what the players are saying - and I've stated on here that Rory will be a LIV player at some point - nothing has happened to change my mind.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Has he and tiger chatted about the meeting in the Bahamas? If he doesn’t like the long term vision it may prompt the move. If you don’t like your future boss, why not work for them earlier for 850mil

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Wouldn’t blame him in the slightest. After Jay and the PGA Tour threw him under the bus last year with the merger announcement, it’s every man for themselves.

Press conference would be interesting as well.

There’s a stack of circumstantial evidence that points to Rory distancing himself from the PGAT and its new leaders. Enough to conclude he’s going to move to LIV? Maybe not, but there’s enough to suggest he’d be happy to mull over an offer.

I was watching the clip yesterday of him saying he ‘hated’ LIV. I’d put my house on him being told to say that publicly by Jay, or somebody else from the PGAT.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I was watching the clip yesterday of him saying he ‘hated’ LIV. I’d put my house on him being told to say that publicly by Jay, or somebody else from the PGAT.
Both sides are the same. The LiV players are clearly told what to say. Isn’t it in their contracts?

The PGA T players will have been given things to say when interviewed, but I genuinely think Rory felt that way at the time.

Will he take $850mill and equity? Maybe, maybe not. But I bet it would make Rham and Phil’s heads explode if he did 🤣

Springveldt

Visit site
There’s a stack of circumstantial evidence that points to Rory distancing himself from the PGAT and its new leaders. Enough to conclude he’s going to move to LIV? Maybe not, but there’s enough to suggest he’d be happy to mull over an offer.

I wouldn't be doing much mulling if someone was offering me $850M and an ownership stake, he'd be mental not to do it. I understand he has enough money to last 3 lifetimes already but if someone is really offering you that, how do you turn it down?

Maybe LIV are realising it's easier to turn the heads of non American's who probably don't hold as much loyalty to the PGA Tour. If Rory does go, I'd image they will likely target the other European Ryder Cup players like Hovland and Auberg next, maybe even try getting Fitzpatrick again. Should be easier to get them to move if you already have Rory, Rahm and Hatton there. Would also force the hand of the DPWT to change Ryder Cup qualification unless they want a 24-4 spanking.

Personally speaking, if the major European players do move to LIV my interest in the PGA Tour would drop dramatically.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I wouldn't be doing much mulling if someone was offering me $850M and an ownership stake, he'd be mental not to do it. I understand he has enough money to last 3 lifetimes already but if someone is really offering you that, how do you turn it down?

Maybe LIV are realising it's easier to turn the heads of non American's who probably don't hold as much loyalty to the PGA Tour. If Rory does go, I'd image they will likely target the other European Ryder Cup players like Hovland and Auberg next, maybe even try getting Fitzpatrick again. Should be easier to get them to move if you already have Rory, Rahm and Hatton there. Would also force the hand of the DPWT to change Ryder Cup qualification unless they want a 24-4 spanking.

Personally speaking, if the major European players do move to LIV my interest in the PGA Tour would drop dramatically.

Yeah I agree.

If that offer is infront of him, he’d be showing incredible loyalty to the PGAT to turn it down.

Hovland is also in the rumour mill, and Fleetwood was seen at LIV Jeddah. Both those would not surprise me if they moved, especially Fleetwood.