LIV Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
He doesn't go unless he's sure there's a deal coming so he cashes in twice.

His business interests are far too entwined with the individuals behind the SSG investment and he stands to make a lot of money maintaining those relationships; similarly, SSG's $3b is an investment with returns expected (at least in terms of value) so losing McIlroy at this stage is not viable for the PGAT or SSG, unless there's a deal coming. Selfishly, if he wins the Masters he may have considered it (if such an offer even exists), but as things stand, and with the associations he has established, it's unlikely.... and $950m is an odd amount, surely at that point it would just be a straight $1b?
Maybe its a round number in Riyals ?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Hi Mel, have you got any links to the rumour then.. I certainly haven't seen anything..
There is no need for links backing up LIV rumours. You can make up anything. Like the flood gates opening after the Fedex 2022. Of course Finau has been playing on LIV since last Autumn. And Schauffele and Cantley left the PGAT after the Ryder Cup last year.

Visit site
There is no need for links backing up LIV rumours. You can make up anything. Like the flood gates opening after the Fedex 2022. Of course Finau has been playing on LIV since last Autumn. And Schauffele and Cantley left the PGAT after the Ryder Cup last year.

Cantlay must be minted, he’s joined LIV about 5 times according to the LIV shill social media accounts!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry I'm a few pages late (hard not to be in this thread) but that Gooch comment is absolutely hilarious. Masters winner will have an asterisk because Talor Gooch wasn't there. What an absolute space cadet.

Gooch said:
If that's how I felt I would've said player not players*** Burmy, Louis, Mito, Carlos, HV, Kokrak, Leish, Abe etc etc etc.
Oosthuizen was a top player but he's in his 40s and withdrew from his last two Masters'. The rest of them have hardly set the world alight in majors. There are always good players who don't qualify. Should the last few years' winners already have an asterisk because Rickie Fowler wasn't there?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Looking at Gooch in isolation , he was in good form prior to going to LIV and those results got him into majors in 2022 and 2023

For someone making bold claims you expect some results in those majors to show how good he is

In 7 majors he missed the cut 3 times and no top tens , last year when he was in good “LIV form” he was in 3 majors including the Masters - he missed 2 cuts and his best was t14 - it’s very hard to even suggest that the major winner will have asterisk next to them because the likes of him are not playing in it

It’s time for the LIv players etc to stop moaning about everything outside their tour , the players and organisation make a choice based on their priorities and with that choice they knew there would be some things they would miss out on

They spend more energy complaining about everyone being against them etc as opposed to trying to work out ways to be part of everything

They spent all last year complaining and moaning about everything, it made no difference

Every single day now they are attracting more and more negative nonsense

Go and enjoy your tour , play your golf , pick you your cheques - if you want to play in majors etc then you know what to do
Focusing on Gooch and whether he may feel aggrieved to not receive a masters invite - his major record is fact, but if the argument is that missing a cut means you aren't good enough to play in future majors, then what does finishing top 35, or top 15 imply? Am sure he was gutted with poor play in the PGA, arguably US Open best aligned with form bubble but when qual rules were revised he no longer qualified.

Unfortunately once you revert to generalisations the debate halts IMO, as if you can't seem to separate individual actions from a larger group. Which comes back to, why does it apparently rile you so much?

I'd view Gooch closer to Niemann than Koepka in ability. So you have to wonder who's advising him. IMO he'd have been better off following a schedule like Niemann.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Reading through the latest posts everyone is talking about Taylor gooch. An American golfer who until the first post probably most people have never heard of him. I wasn’t aware of him on the PGA Tour and he’s never been near a Ryder cup.

He’s now got people talking about him. Comes across like a Joey Barton of golf, pointless and irrelevant (say something controversial to grab the headlines)

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Reading through the latest posts everyone is talking about Taylor gooch. An American golfer who until the first post probably most people have never heard of him. I wasn’t aware of him on the PGA Tour and he’s never been near a Ryder cup.

He’s now got people talking about him. Comes across like a Joey Barton of golf, pointless and irrelevant (say something controversial to grab the headlines)
Yep, looks to be a classic case of - put out the bait and see what bites 🎣 -
The answer appears to be quite a lot! 😉😉😄

(Me included, now!)

D

Deleted member 15344

Focusing on Gooch and whether he may feel aggrieved to not receive a masters invite - his major record is fact, but if the argument is that missing a cut means you aren't good enough to play in future majors, then what does finishing top 35, or top 15 imply? Am sure he was gutted with poor play in the PGA, arguably US Open best aligned with form bubble but when qual rules were revised he no longer qualified.

Unfortunately once you revert to generalisations the debate halts IMO, as if you can't seem to separate individual actions from a larger group. Which comes back to, why does it apparently rile you so much?

I'd view Gooch closer to Niemann than Koepka in ability. So you have to wonder who's advising him. IMO he'd have been better off following a schedule like Niemann.

Have to agree when it comes to comparison with Niemann that’s right - one of them went out there to try and show he is worthy of an invite and he got one , he earned that through playing as many events as he could outside LIV - if Gooch did the same maybe he could have the same result - looking at Gooch he hasn’t been a proactive as Niemann

And in regards the generalising- it’s just wants been seen on social media and the regurgitated- every day someone new from LIV is talking about the issues , this week we have had BDC , Westwood and Gooch complained about the rankings and majors

Over the weeks we can add multiple players and also the main man complaining

It’s a daily/weekly/monthly moan

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yep, looks to be a classic case of - put out the bait and see what bites 🎣 -
The answer appears to be quite a lot! 😉😉😄

(Me included, now!)
As I’ve said before. LiV are using the Trump propaganda methods of releasing a constant barrage of quotes and misinformation to keep them in the headlines. Tell a lie often enough and loud enough, eventually it will wear people down and they will believe it. There is no such thing as bad publicity right?

What is baffling though, is the number of people on social media who appear perfectly happy to do this for LiV for free 🤷🏼‍♂️

But then when you see some people being flown out to an event to allow them to think they are a legitimate journalist, one can see why some people would be happy to sell their soul.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
As I’ve said before. LiV are using the Trump propaganda methods of releasing a constant barrage of quotes and misinformation to keep them in the headlines. Tell a lie often enough and loud enough, eventually it will wear people down and they will believe it. There is no such thing as bad publicity right?

What is baffling though, is the number of people on social media who appear perfectly happy to do this for LiV for free 🤷🏼‍♂️

But then when you see some people being flown out to an event to allow them to think they are a legitimate journalist, one can see why some people would be happy to sell their soul.

Top gaslighting BiM (y) :ROFLMAO: