LIV Golf

Fore Right

Visit site
The 2024 version of Rory is way more fun than the older versions…. :ROFLMAO:

I think this is Rory letting everyone know here he has both tours future in his hands.

Goes to Liv and Liv becomes the tour because more will follow.

It would be a deathnail to the PGAT.

I think it's Rory telling SSG if you wanna keep me you need to come up with the $$

I also have a theory that Rory just really wishes the world of pro golf comes back together, it doesn't look like that's the way the PGAT are moving.
If he moves to Liv he gets the $950 million and probably forces the game back together so he gets the the money and forces his wish.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think this is Rory letting everyone know here he has both tours future in his hands.

Goes to Liv and Liv becomes the tour because more will follow.

It would be a deathnail to the PGAT.

I think it's Rory telling SSG if you wanna keep me you need to come up with the $$

I also have a theory that Rory just really wishes the world of pro golf comes back together, it doesn't look like that's the way the PGAT are moving.
If he moves to Liv he gets the $950 million and probably forces the game back together so he gets the the money and forces his wish.

Have you got the link to this story about a 950mil offer to Rory ?

C7usk

Visit site
If Rory ever did goto LIV then professional golf to me, bar the majors is gonna be a much poorer version.. PGA just won't be the quite the same without Rory and Rahm. And LIV are gonna have to get shot of the team stuff n shotgun starts before I can be bothered watching it on a regular basis. I don't mind 3 rnds.. But please get rid of the teams.... Nothing in that clip says to me he is going though..

Fore Right

Visit site
Rory is simply trying to play both tours off against each other. Dangle the carrot to the LIV and keep SSG working hard to keep him happy. All he needs to do now is knuckle down and perform in the majors
Agree 100%

He knows his worth and starting a bidding war is in his interest

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've seen a few tweets reporting that Kim shot an 82 in his practice round yesterday...

No idea if true or not!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
1. Not really. 1 different tournament per year out of 15, where you can set your schedule and play in 2 countries vs globetrotting for 14 fixed weeks

2. Another falsehood of a ‘benefit’ of Liv. Scheffler had 4 months off season
Must be catching, Fowler talking about an off season this week -

When did Scheffler have a 4 month break though?
On his way up he was known for playing many tournaments.

D

Deleted member 15344

Must be catching, Fowler talking about an off season this week -

When did Scheffler have a 4 month break though?
On his way up he was known for playing many tournaments.

Think Scheffler played the Fed Ex in August , then didn’t play until the Ryder Cup and then didn’t play until December for the Hero challenge

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Think Scheffler played the Fed Ex in August , then didn’t play until the Ryder Cup and then didn’t play until December for the Hero challenge
Right, so 13 weeks between PGAT appearances. But a RC in between.
Not sure that fits general understanding of an 'off season' - but some may think he didn’t turn up at the RC I guess! 😉😆

D

Deleted member 35577

I'm not fully aware of the reasons for LIV not getting OWGR points but I believe one reason is because they only play 54 holes. Do you think the players would prefer to play 4 days if it meant they got OWGR points?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not fully aware of the reasons for LIV not getting OWGR points but I believe one reason is because they only play 54 holes. Do you think the players would prefer to play 4 days if it meant they got OWGR points?

54 holes isn’t an issue. The reason given for not granting OWGR points is the lack of qualifying (as one of the qualifiers knocks a birdie putt in to go joint 2nd)

The OWGR ship has sailed now anyway, any points granted would be worthless as the field strength would now be too low to be accurate, and effective.