LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

It is very sad that it’s all about money

Golfers just looking to get richer on either side

It’s not good for the sport and it’s not good for the fans - but good for those millionaire players that are going to get even more money and none of them care where it comes from as long as it goes into their pocket

Fore Right

Visit site
Thought
Do you think the PGAT hope that top players like Hovland, Fleetwood, Schauffele examples don't win a major ?

Because if they do, it opens the door to take the 💰💰💰 From Liv and be exempt for majors..

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Copied from the footie thread….

Just an advance warning. This week the community managers, i.e. those that sit above the mods, have decided that any discussions about the Saudi regime/sportswashing etc will be deleted and a warning issued.

By all means discuss how playing there impacts on the season schedules, temperatures etc but please don’t bring politics in any way into the discussion. There’s always other platforms if you feel the need to go down the political route.

Please note, there was a (Saudi) political post in the LIV thread earlier this week. The post was deleted, a warning issued by a community manager.

C7usk

Visit site
But doesn't the chances of them leaving their books increase.

I might be wrong but there seems to be more chance if they have some protection in the majors.
Sorry, you are confusing me with this angle.... I would've thought if they wanted anyone to win a major it would be a pga tour member..

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Nobody whatsoever at the Jeddah tournament. What a disaster. LIV certainly failing to grow the game even in their own back yard. Yikes.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Empty stands at the Cognizant yesterday and a leaderboard that warrants it.

As I've just posted on the other thread, the crowds in Jeddah won't be a concern - there's no infrastructure there to support the event. But, the Saudis have every right to host an event when they are funding the tour.

simsini

Visit site

As I've just posted on the other thread, the crowds in Jeddah won't be a concern - there's no infrastructure there to support the event. But, the Saudis have every right to host an event when they are funding the tour.
I think the concern would be any event in the US or Europe that would have no crowds, and we haven't seen that.

D

Deleted member 35577

11k watching on youtube right now and virtually nobody at the event. Hardly seems worthwhile to stage the event to me, not really growing the game. At least the PGA tour will have millions watching on TV tonight.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think the concern would be any event in the US or Europe that would have no crowds, and we haven't seen that.

Some in the US seem a little thin to be fair. Valderrama and JCB will both be close to selling out this year though - there's no question of that. (y)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
11k watching on youtube right now and virtually nobody at the event. Hardly seems worthwhile to stage the event to me, not really growing the game. At least the PGA tour will have millions watching on TV tonight.

I think you'd be surprised by how many are actually watching LIV to be fair.

D

Deleted member 15344

Empty stands at other events just highlights the current mood people have about tour golf

It’s losing appeal and viewers

Less people are watching tour golf from this period last year - that’s not a good thing in any stretch

None of this is good for fans of the sport

simsini

Visit site
Empty stands at other events just highlights the current mood people have about tour golf

It’s losing appeal and viewers

Less people are watching tour golf from this period last year - that’s not a good thing in any stretch

None of this is good for fans of the sport
Probably why the DP World Tour isn't on TV this week, or even holding any events in mid summer.

D

Deleted member 15344

Probably why the DP World Tour isn't on TV this week, or even holding any events in mid summer.

The rights for the event this week I believe aren’t with Sky or DP

And as already been said believe the gap in the schedule was at the request of the players