LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
is this a new thing or does this happen every year? Just a story with him being LiV?

Pretty sure people get invited every year buddy. Niemann has had some great recent results and would be there anyway if the ranking system that majors used was capable of measuring golfers accurately across the board. (y) (y)

DonRixon

Banned
Visit site
This seemed a tad harsh (although they kinda admitted that).
Suspect things will look different after Palmer Invitational.

That article reeks of jealousy.

The pro Liv brigade are too busy looking over their shoulders at what they could have had. Write about the magnificent sell out, well fought events they've had instead.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Pretty sure people get invited every year buddy. Niemann has had some great recent results and would be there anyway if the ranking system that majors used was capable of measuring golfers accurately across the board he played full time on a tour that met the OWGR guidelines.

FTFY 👍🏻😉

I did notice there was no mention of his performance in any LiV events for the reason he was invited!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
FTFY 👍🏻😉

I did notice there was no mention of his performance in any LiV events for the reason he was invited!
Looking over the invitations they've given out over the last ten years they mostly seem to go to people from under-represented nations or continents. There's been a few Japanese players, a Thai player, an Indian player. Being from Chile sort of broadly fits that brief, albeit it's South America rather than Asia. I see one of the other invitees is another Japanese player.

The other is Olesen, I'm not sure why he got one, didn't he miss half of last season because of his court case for drunkenly assaulting a stewardess?? Hardly seems to merit dispensation. :LOL:

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
A penny for Talor Gooch thoughts right now

Joined Liv by mistake, no sign on bonus, no ‘equity’ and now no exemption to a major when a less decorated peer (in Liv terms) has received one.

I know he has still earned silly money but I bet he would trade some of that to be in the majors

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Joined Liv by mistake, no sign on bonus, no ‘equity’ and now no exemption to a major when a less decorated peer (in Liv terms) has received one.

I know he has still earned silly money but I bet he would trade some of that to be in the majors

I reckon it’ll come if he keeps playing well. I’ve seen tweets from PGAT golfers who also aren’t happy with OWGR, eventually something will change I reckon. No idea how though.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking over the invitations they've given out over the last ten years they mostly seem to go to people from under-represented nations or continents. There's been a few Japanese players, a Thai player, an Indian player. Being from Chile sort of broadly fits that brief, albeit it's South America rather than Asia. I see one of the other invitees is another Japanese player.

The other is Olesen, I'm not sure why he got one, didn't he miss half of last season because of his court case for drunkenly assaulting a stewardess?? Hardly seems to merit dispensation. :LOL:

With tiger retiring early all the time they need somebody else who gets themselves in hot bother on the meds/ booze

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Wait, what??

Fore Right

Visit site
Gooch Defo played the 1st event at Centurion believing he would get a fine and be able to return to the PGA Tour, it's been well documented.

He has since been one of the, if not the highest in prize money earnings in the world but at a cost of sliding down the OWGR and the consequences of that.