LIV Golf

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Should just let them play in any DPWT or PGAT events but they can't earn any of the prize money.

OWGR pts are worth more to them.

Simple really...

I actually quite like this idea.

Qualify for events via your OWGR ranking - so the lesser LIV players may have to start building up theirs on the DPWT or KFT - the bigger players (currently but they're dropping slowly) may only need place well in a few - then allow them back into other events if allowed by literally zero prize money.

PGAT benefits from big names but at no cost to them - they may help bring in extra money in sponsorships though.

Players benefit

Majors benefit from an accurate list of qualified "top golfers"

Fore Right

Visit site

Qualify for events via your OWGR ranking - so the lesser LIV players may have to start building up theirs on the DPWT or KFT - the bigger players (currently but they're dropping slowly) may only need place well in a few - then allow them back into other events if allowed by literally zero prize money.

PGAT benefits from big names but at no cost to them - they may help bring in extra money in sponsorships though.

Players benefit

The best solutions are always the simple ones 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Players benefit

That’s not really a win for the PGAT though - a bunch of players using them for the ranking points

LIV players won’t care about the money due to the amount they gain on LIV

The people that win again are the LIV golfers

What about the players who have spots and cards because the LIV players disappeared- why should they miss out

Simple solution is LIV do their thing and the players enjoy playing less events and rewards that come with that

The rest of the tours do their thing

A player can make a choice which path he follows

wjemather

Visit site
Players right now are not playing on DP events if still on LIV unless the event is co sanctioned which is why many of them played in Aus and SA - they aren’t paying any fines

Wiesburger left LIV paid fines and rejoined the tour

Others that played in the first event didn’t leave but paid fines and rejoined but aren’t on LIV
Which tour was co-sanctioning the Dubai Desert Classic? And all the other events Laurie Canter has played?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Scheffler the next player to come out and state than any players returning need to pay some sort of punishment or fine etc

He hasn’t appeared over the years to be the most vocal of players but seems that a lot of the top US players since the deal with SSG are drawing a line in the sand

It’s looking more and more like there will be two seperate tours for the foreseeable future especially when you read about the current investigation into the merger and responses

PGAT will need to keep finding the sponsers

And LIV will need to make in roads into being sustainable etc
A fair summary, and as you mention Scheffler has mainly stayed away from commenting.
Hard to tell if all just a reaction to Rory’s comments , or are there more meaningful conversations going on 🤔

D

Deleted member 15344

Which tour was co-sanctioning the Dubai Desert Classic? And all the other events Laurie Canter has played?

Apologies just the one player who is filling in for an injured player and hasn’t got a contract with LIV

Any others that’s missed that are still members of the DP Tour and playing events that are not co sanctioned

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That’s not really a win for the PGAT though - a bunch of players using them for the ranking points

What about the players who have spots and cards because the LIV players disappeared- why should they miss out

Simple solution is LIV do their thing and the players enjoy playing less events and rewards that come with that

Because they would not have proven their worth via OWGR ranking despite their tour status.. Just like now - they can play their way in.

I'm also suggesting the LIV guys play their way back in.

wjemather

Visit site
Apologies just the one player who is filling in for an injured player and hasn’t got a contract with LIV

Any others that’s missed that are still members of the DP Tour and playing events that are not co sanctioned
Guessing you must have missed Niemann finishing 4th in Dubai, and the handful of others (Oosthuizen, Gooch, Swafford, Uihlein, Burmester) who played in the Dunhill Links last year.

D

Deleted member 15344

A fair summary, and as you mention Scheffler has mainly stayed away from commenting.
Hard to tell if all just a reaction to Rory’s comments , or are there more meaningful conversations going on 🤔

I think the recent investment from the US Sports investors has changed the outlook

I don’t beleive that Saudi were ever going to be allowed to the PGAT and I don’t expect there to be any joining etc with LIV now

But I think there will be something with the DPT in the offering - potential PIF taking ownership

D

Deleted member 15344

Guessing you must have missed Niemann finishing 4th in Dubai, and the handful of others (Oosthuizen, Gooch, Swafford, Uihlein, Burmester) who played in the Dunhill Links last year.

“According to a DP World Tour spokesman, all four players can play because they were either never a member of the DP World Tour or if they were a member, gave up that membership before playing in a LIV event.”

So those players are not paying fines and then playing on DP Events

Only DP members would be paying fines to then be allowed to play whilst still competing on LIV

wjemather

Visit site
“According to a DP World Tour spokesman, all four players can play because they were either never a member of the DP World Tour or if they were a member, gave up that membership before playing in a LIV event.”
You are so predictable.
You make something up to suit your opinion (presumably thinking that no-one will know any better), get pulled up on it, and then argue about it ad-infinitum by pretending you meant something other than what you actually said.
And repeat.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Ref the bit I highlighted, and only playing Devil’s advocate, maybe because they’re not good enough. Bit harsh though as they’ve supported the PGAT but, equally, do we want to see the best play against the best?

I’m not fussed about the argument but, again equally, isn‘t the PGAT guilty of restrictive practices?

D

Deleted member 15344

And what has the role of Pelley’s departure been?

I don’t expect it has anything to do with it

Pelley got offered a prime sports role back in his home country

Ref the bit I highlighted, and only playing Devil’s advocate, maybe because they’re not good enough. Bit harsh though as they’ve supported the PGAT but, equally, do we want to see the best play against the best?

I’m not fussed about the argument but, again equally, isn‘t the PGAT guilty of restrictive practices?

That’s the crux - people say they want to see all the best players play together but it’s never happened outside the majors and the odd WGC if some didn’t miss i

There was always events were some players didn’t play but for me the events where all the best players play together are the majors , was only ever a fan of the matchplay WGC until the players complained about it - the WGCs should have been enhanced 4 a year , one in Europe , Asia , Aus and Africa but then the players didn’t support the one in China

A lot of it all comes down to the players greed at the end of the day - there have been lots of opportunities for the players to play around the world , grow the game etc - it seems the only way for some to do that is be given extraordinary amounts of money

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A lot of it all comes down to the players greed at the end of the day - there have been lots of opportunities for the players to play around the world , grow the game etc - it seems the only way for some to do that is be given extraordinary amounts of money

We all work for money. I dare say we could also name a few players whose lifestyle requires a few extra Bob in the bank - wonder who has a few Ferrari’s…

As for travelling the world for work. I like to be on my own sofa every evening, in my own bed on a night and with my own family every day/week. I can well understand players wanting to be close to home rather than half way around the world.

A big payout might mean they can retire earlier. I’ve no problem with that.

D

Deleted member 15344

We all work for money. I dare say we could also name a few players whose lifestyle requires a few extra Bob in the bank - wonder who has a few Ferrari’s…

As for travelling the world for work. I like to be on my own sofa every evening, in my own bed on a night and with my own family every day/week. I can well understand players wanting to be close to home rather than half way around the world.

A big payout might mean they can retire earlier. I’ve no problem with that.

Yes of course we all work for money and the players were very well rewarded by the performances on the PGAT

LIV money is next level up and imo I always not comfortable with players being given huge amounts regardless of how they perform - it’s not rewarding how they perform

Players going around in 12 over par and still getting a vast amount in their pockets

There will always be the unanswered question- If LIV is that good why does it take so much money to persuade players to play on it

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yes of course we all work for money and the players were very well rewarded by the performances on the PGAT

LIV money is next level up and imo I always not comfortable with players being given huge amounts regardless of how they perform - it’s not rewarding how they perform

Players going around in 12 over par and still getting a vast amount in their pockets

There will always be the unanswered question- If LIV is that good why does it take so much money to persuade players to play on it
Everyone knows that they went for the money.
It’s not an unanswered question,people just get bored of it being asked every 2 minutes 🤷‍♂️

It’s just Groundhog Day.