LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
Talksport discussed it multiple times this morning đź‘Ť
I know, that is where I heard it first.

But Talksport is a Live radio show, and I'm sure they are happy to discuss rumours if they are big enough.

But the question was asked if it was actually true, hence my response that it wasn't officially on websites like BBC or Sky. So either nothing has been confirmed, or it isn't big enough news for them to consider newsworthy to put on their dedicated Golf sections

D

Deleted member 15344

They’ve got quite a roster now, I just dislike the product too much to want to watch it still.
For most there isn’t many names that would make people switch to watch LIV if they don’t like the format - it prob doesn’t help that it’s not on telly or any mainstream media and most people won’t be bothered about getting Apps to watch it etc when they prob will just watch whatever is on sky

Would need the tour to appear on Sky/Bt sport etc for people to start watching it ( outside the LIV hardcore fans )

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
For most there isn’t many names that would make people switch to watch LIV if they don’t like the format - it prob doesn’t help that it’s not on telly or any mainstream media and most people won’t be bothered about getting Apps to watch it etc when they prob will just watch whatever is on sky

Would need the tour to appear on Sky/Bt sport etc for people to start watching it ( outside the LIV hardcore fans )

What's so bad about watching golf (or anything else for that matter) on YouTube? YouTube can be streamed to your telly just like Netflix, Prime or BBC iPlayer (all of which require apps). YouTube is free, it's paid for by adverts. You have to pay to watch Sky or BT and still have to suffer the adverts. Do you watch anything at all on YouTube or is your antipathy toward it absolute?

D

Deleted member 15344

What's so bad about watching golf (or anything else for that matter) on YouTube? YouTube can be streamed to your telly just like Netflix, Prime or BBC iPlayer (all of which require apps). YouTube is free, it's paid for by adverts. You have to pay to watch Sky or BT and still have to suffer the adverts. Do you watch anything at all on YouTube or is your antipathy toward it absolute?

Don’t watch anything on you tube - last time was when they first put out Cobra Kai and it was full if adverts and pop ups every two mins - happy to just stick to Sky and Bt plus terrestrial channels

Prime for sport when they did the football wasn’t great ( hence why they have prob lost it )

Many will be more than happy just watching via Sky or Main stream for their sports

And looking at the download numbers for the LIV app and the you tube figures for their broadcasts is not significant numbers

Fore Right

Visit site
Not sure it will stay on YouTube if it ever gets popular enough? If there is enough people interested in it, then broadcasters will know that there is money to be made and will try and add it to their package.
Could the merger lead to Liv Events being on major networks if all the tours come under one banner ?

Swango1980

Visit site
Could the merger lead to Liv Events being on major networks if all the tours come under one banner ?
Whatever direction LIV goes in, I'm sure their ultimate aim will to be on the Major networks

If the PGAT get millions to broadcast their events, presumably if there is a merger then LIV will want some of that money as a joint venture?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Cancelled my satellite service a while ago (£50 a month for pretty much just golf was not practical) & with no terrestrial coverage I’m totally reliant on YT for watching golf now, so I hope (all) tours keep posting content

D

Deleted member 15344

Depends - they would need to be part of the PGAT or DP to be part of any broadcast deals or ranking points etc - the current deals for media etc are with the PGAT

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Wasn't it within the merger framework paperwork stuff that this was a thing though? I thought it was.

Problem with Mel's statement is the way it is written. If it is in the paperwork then it makes it clearer for everyone reading that is where the info has come from if he says so. To me, it just looks like he is giving his opinion as fact, which from experience of reading this thread is just one way to wind people up.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Wasn't it within the merger framework paperwork stuff that this was a thing though? I thought it was.

Yes it was.

The merger would give the PIF access to all the tours assets.
Media deals are part of that description.

The PIF aren’t going to pump in billions of dollars for no reason.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Problem with Mel's statement is the way it is written. If it is in the paperwork then it makes it clearer for everyone reading that is where the info has come from if he says so. To me, it just looks like he is giving his opinion as fact, which from experience of reading this thread is just one way to wind people up.

Oh for sure, but I do think that part is genuine - it was something along the lines of what he put anyway, sharing TV etc..

Obviously though - the merger is not yet agreed and terms could be changed.