LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
Is anybody aware that The Universal Golf Rankings has been a system for some time and has been ranking Liv Golfers.
Works on a 1 year cycle rather than the 2 year cycle of OWGR.

Majors reported to be considering moving to this system if OWGR dont get their act together.

Has a mix of PGAT and Liv in the Top 50.
Without doubt a more accurate system for todays fractured golf world.

https://www.tugr.org/rankings
But, does this ranking system include that exhibition Woods, McIlroy, Spieth and Thomas played in? If not, it is not an accurate system.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Is anybody aware that The Universal Golf Rankings has been a system for some time and has been ranking Liv Golfers.

Majors reported to be considering moving to this system if OWGR dont get their act together.

Yup, https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/professional-rankings.113637/post-2603518
Wasn't really a fan of the 'tour' column, which also seemed inaccurate. But other than that pretty good.

BubbaP

Visit site
Liv announce 4 players relegated from tour.
Four players promoted from Liv International Series (Asian Tour)

That equates to 8% of players.

Defo a stipulation asked for by and to satisfy OWGR in my opinion..
Seems largely what was reported last year, 1 direct from AT and the qualifying comp.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-qualifying-school-tournament-relegation-2024

Is a way off, but should that qualifying tournament happen would the PGAT aim to ban players if they took part 🤔 Would be quite a risk if so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Reported by who ?

And the majors are fully integrated in the OWGR because they are part of the people that run them

“The company has seven members: The PGA of America, the International Federation of PGA Tours, the USGA, the PGA Tour, Augusta National, the R&A and the PGA European Tour, who each contribute to the running of the company”

So are they waiting for themselves to get their act together 🙄

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

How is that even possible, given that representatives from the Majors make up a majority of the OWGR boa

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paul Casey leading if anyone cares about the golf

Was some good golf on display yesterday, cam smith dropping from on top of a rock to save a bogey was good watching

The app was solid, cast to my TV

Dunno how much my interest will remain long term as unless it's a major, players or tigers playing I find it boring to watch golf now days

Shiels break 75 is more relatable

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nobody does. This thread is about whether LIV really is tournament golf.
I don't consider it that, just a long exhibition match. No jeopardy in not scoring well, whats the popint?

Next we will have 3x 4oo metres running races with the participants wanting the times included in 4x400 times.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

I heard that from the pundits last night. Sounded like they were pushing a false agenda when they said it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Was some good golf on display yesterday, cam smith dropping from on top of a rock to save a bogey was good watching

The app was solid, cast to my TV

Dunno how much my interest will remain long term as unless it's a major, players or tigers playing I find it boring to watch golf now days

Shiels break 75 is more relatable
Would rather watch Shiels to be honest. I watched liv for the first time last night and the music from the beach and the drums were doing my head in! The pundits didn’t seem that enthused and the cuts between shots were far too quick. I’m sure it will improve over time and I’ll watch a few more just to see what the team bit is about but I can’t see the longevity in it right now.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I think that's "reported to be considering", as in, "are not at all considering, but some media feed has put out the unfounded and un-factchecked rumour that they are".

I am cannot recall an organisation whose utter irrelevance prompts it to try to survive so much, on the vapour of hint, rumour, speculation, and fake news.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm a big fan of the PGA Tour. I've enjoyed watching the best players in the world compete against each other. Then along comes LIV Golf. I was really disappointed to see many top players, both past and present; leave to join LIV. I guess I am glad that the top LIV players will be competing in at least three of the four majors. I don't know if the PGA will allow them to play. Going forward, I have to wonder how this will look. The PGA Tour looks strong for now, but I fear the non-designated events like the Honda will quickly loose statue and sponsors. Even though I'm not a fan of LIV, I'll probably watch some of their event today. The field at the Honda just isn't that attractive.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the PGA Tour. I've enjoyed watching the best players in the world compete against each other. Then along comes LIV Golf. I was really disappointed to see many top players, both past and present; leave to join LIV. I guess I am glad that the top LIV players will be competing in at least three of the four majors. I don't know if the PGA will allow them to play. Going forward, I have to wonder how this will look. The PGA Tour looks strong for now, but I fear the non-designated events like the Honda will quickly loose statue and sponsors. Even though I'm not a fan of LIV, I'll probably watch some of their event today. The field at the Honda just isn't that attractive.

I believe the pga will because it's a different board from the pga tour I believe?

D

Deleted member 15344

Been announced already that the qualifying for the majors is staying the same apart from Presidents Cup participants losing their entry in The Open - everything else is staying the same

BubbaP

Visit site
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-pga-championship-2023

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Would rather watch Shiels to be honest. I watched liv for the first time last night and the music from the beach and the drums were doing my head in! The pundits didn’t seem that enthused and the cuts between shots were far too quick. I’m sure it will improve over time and I’ll watch a few more just to see what the team bit is about but I can’t see the longevity in it right now.

This is exactly how I felt last night. There was just too much going on. I think I lasted about 20 mins before I switched it off and watched Shiels' break 75 instead.