LIV Golf

evemccc

Visit site
So far zero posts on the pro-golf thread or elsewhere on this forum about the PGA Tour event going on right nowā€¦

Seems strange for a bunch of people who have spent the best part of 10,500 posts decrying how awful it is that ā€˜all the best golfers playing together have been broken upā€™ to not pay any attention to the latest iteration of ā€˜theirā€™ Tour, the Honda Classic..

D

Deleted member 15344

So far zero posts on the pro-golf thread or elsewhere on this forum about the PGA Tour event going on right nowā€¦

Seems strange for a bunch of people who have spent the best part of 10,500 posts decrying how awful it is that ā€˜all the best golfers playing together have been broken upā€™ to not pay any attention to the latest iteration of ā€˜theirā€™ Tour, the Honda Classic..

Iā€™m guessing you still havenā€™t listened when people have said they arenā€™t big fans of the PGAT and itā€™s not ā€œtheirā€ tour , itā€™s the same when itā€™s the ET - people mainly only watch or are bothered by the big events

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It works both ways. Only one post about the golf at the LIV event from someone saying that Casey is leading. Unless and until the golf becomes the main talking point then LIV won't be a success. There are several people on the forum that are big fans of LIV and keep posting about how good it is but when it comes to the events none of them post anything about the golf. Seems strange for a bunch of people who have spent the best part of 10,500 posts telling us how great LIV is to not pay any attention to the latest iteration of 'their' tour, the Mexico Hit and Giggles Bonesaw Tour event.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

To be fair, both events this week - Honda Classic and the Hero - are relatively low -key events.
The bigger names have played the last 2 or 3 weeks and are skipping this week to start their prep for the Masters.
That's also why LIV is on this week.....less competition for viewers.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Iā€™ve enjoyed the coverage on the app, although Iā€™m dipping in and out.
Cameron Smith is just a world class player.
In my opinion LIV has got more players Iā€™d rather watch, but obviously subjective, some might prefer the players on the PGA / DPWT this week, although I always keep an eye on Bob Mac.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
As a few have said previously, why not just be a fan of golf - without the tribalism..
Disclosure - borrowed the picture...
I dont think it was that simple. Now that LIV has effectively settled as a failure as a premier golf league we can look back at it.
'Be a fan of golf' wasnt so easy for golf fans when there was the risk that LIV was going to split the worlds top golfers into two leagues. Two split camps was never going to match one structure having all the stars, whatever its format. So LIV was bad news to fans of golf. With that danger now passed, the loss of a handful of the top rank to LIV is a pity, but not fundamentally harmful to the PGAT. Whether the LIV masters will settle for it being a semi champions tour slash exhibition with yesteryear and unknown players remains to be seen. Maybe there is a market for that and it can tour the world bringing, while passed their best, some big golf names to places the PGAT doesnt reach. Tennis used to (still does?) have something like that. Or whether, having failed to mount any real competition to the PGAT, sporting credibility, or assemble a stable of the worlds top golfers, they will simply fold. This year will probably indicate which way they will go. Even with the big signings they could simply pay them off and abandon the venture.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a few have said previously, why not just be a fan of golf - without the tribalism..

View attachment 46644

Disclosure - borrowed the picture...

Exactly how it should be.

If you don't like it you don't have to watch it, if you like it you can watch more golf

Or just pick whatever suits you in between

Bryson, Smith and DJ are 3 of my fav golfers ATM so Liv has my interest peaked

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've watched a fair bit of LIV.

The whole thing is completely cringe. Constantly banging on about a team element that no one cares about is extremely irritating.
The game is dumbed down for the viewers. Rarely talk about yardages. Never ever criticise any of the players.
The commentary team is brutal.
It's a complete shame that we wont see some of the players who are past their peak but can still turn it on in any given week, play real competitive golf again.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've watched a fair bit of LIV.

The whole thing is completely cringe. Constantly banging on about a team element that no one cares about is extremely irritating.
The game is dumbed down for the viewers. Rarely talk about yardages. Never ever criticise any of the players.
The commentary team is brutal.
It's a complete shame that we wont see some of the players who are past their peak but can still turn it on in any given week, play real competitive golf again.
I guess some viewers need the game dumbed down for them, which is why it has a few fans.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm still not convinced on the Team element if I'm honest.
Still excellent golf on show and the coverage is decent.
It looks excellent for kids as well, which surely can only be a good thing, regardless of your thoughts on LIV.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm still not convinced on the Team element if I'm honest.
Still excellent golf on show and the coverage is decent.
It looks excellent for kids as well, which surely can only be a good thing, regardless of your thoughts on LIV.

Its still currently free aswell which is great for people without sky

Maybe sky could put DP world tour events on some of their non sports channels like they do with football occasionally to enable people to watch it

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

It's February! ;)

D

Deleted member 21445

Find it fascinating that the Golf Channel that is so pro PGAT and mostly anti Liv actually shows Liv Events live in some small European countries šŸ¤”

cleveland52

Visit site
Find it fascinating that the Golf Channel that is so pro PGAT and mostly anti Liv actually shows Liv Events live in some small European countries šŸ¤”
Just business. It's like CBS own a percentage of The CW that is currently televising LIV and the PGAT.

I'm sure that NBC edit the content that's televised overseas.