LIV Golf

MACM85

Visit site
For the modest price of $1000 you can have a meet and greet with the team and get an item signed by the team and a little gift bag.

The tour is really for the people!

D

Deleted member 15344

For the modest price of $1000 you can have a meet and greet with the team and get an item signed by the team and a little gift bag.

The tour is really for the people!

Got to find some way of getting money back in

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure that I agree with Phil M on this one.....

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/li...INCHIf2zWBQ_h7Luop21g7clDEJLU_gnS6R1ZnHvdiuG4

I don't think either side would "dominate" the other, I think that it would be a close contest. They could have Woods and Mickleson as the two captains and I'm sure that it would generate a lot of interest. My gut feeling is that the PGA tour would win it purely because of strength in depth. There's no doubting that LIV have some very good golfers, and in Bryson, Koepka, Johnson, Reed and Smith there's a strong first 5 but after that the quality level drops off more in LIV than I think it does after players like Rahm, McIlroy, Scheffler, Thomas, Spieth for the PGA. Would love to see it happen but don't think that at this stage the PGA would agree to it purely because they don't want to do anything to legitimise LIV.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Such a contest will never happen. But when LIV has nothing of substance to offer the world at the moment, even talking sloblocks reminds people it is still there trying to create some interest.

Swango1980

Visit site

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/li...INCHIf2zWBQ_h7Luop21g7clDEJLU_gnS6R1ZnHvdiuG4

I don't think either side would "dominate" the other, I think that it would be a close contest. They could have Woods and Mickleson as the two captains and I'm sure that it would generate a lot of interest. My gut feeling is that the PGA tour would win it purely because of strength in depth. There's no doubting that LIV have some very good golfers, and in Bryson, Koepka, Johnson, Reed and Smith there's a strong first 5 but after that the quality level drops off more in LIV than I think it does after players like Rahm, McIlroy, Scheffler, Thomas, Spieth for the PGA. Would love to see it happen but don't think that at this stage the PGA would agree to it purely because they don't want to do anything to legitimise LIV.
Sounds like he is taking the mick. I guess he must be bored spending all that time with his family last few months :)

evemccc

Visit site
Sincerely hope, for the sake of intellectual consistency, that those who think ‘team golf’ is ridiculous and have said so countless times in this thread, will keep their same narrative energy and stick to their guns when Tiger and Rory’s 6 Team TGL starts next year 🤪

Swango1980

Visit site
Sincerely hope, for the sake of intellectual consistency, that those who think ‘team golf’ is ridiculous and have said so countless times in this thread, will keep their same narrative energy and stick to their guns when Tiger and Rory’s 6 Team TGL starts next year 🤪
Of course. I have no loyalty or passion for either side. I'll see it as a little side show, as an exhibition to the main tour.

And, I suspect Tiger and Rory will as well. They won't pretend it is the best golf since sliced bread. I bet they don't celebrate with the passion they may have done in the Ryder Cup.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Like LiV, TGL will just be exhibition golf for a bit of fun. Unless of course you are intellectually challenged enough to think otherwise 😉

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Equally for those who think professional golfers should get OWGR points no matter the format, I expect to here them calling for TGL to be awarded points;).

evemccc

Visit site
Like LiV, TGL will just be exhibition golf for a bit of fun. Unless of course you are intellectually challenged enough to think otherwise 😉

Why do you think I don’t think any tour golf is ‘just a bit of fun’?
Watching multi-millionaires play against other multi-millionaires for (other than more millions) nothing meaningful and nothing that lives in the memory —- not for me

I’ll stick to following the Majors, universally recognised as the marker-stick to measure the best golf pros in the world

cleveland52

Visit site
Equally for those who think professional golfers should get OWGR points no matter the format, I expect to here them calling for TGL to be awarded points;).
Yes Sir! you're spot on!.....and why not get OWGR points, the TGL will have some of the best golfers in the world....and format doesn't matter......LOL! If TGL doesn't get points the system is meaningless....(I kid)

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Is probably a reasonably savvy media move. Since the animosities started a slab of social media has been calling for something similar.
Rory - Reed stoked the fire last weekend. To a smaller extent, Ancer - Young this weekend.
To the golf knowledgeable the view will be - an astronomical small chance of it happening, but to less informed 'person on street' it may be viewed as 'challenge issued and 🐔 response'