LIV Golf

Springveldt

Visit site
They’re some of the best golfers in the world!! Why wouldn’t anybody want them participating? And by the way, the sponsors will be loving the extra interest these players will generate.
Best players or not the guys who aren’t part of the DPWT should definitely not be playing at Wentworth. They are banned from PGA Tour events and are taking places from DPWT members who should be playing.

Unless they are joining the DPWT and are committing to playing X number of events they should be told to GTF.

The LIV guys that are still DPWT members, I’ve no issue with them playing at all.

D

Deleted member 15344

I follow your points, but the tournament and tour set the entry criteria - and IMO for years they've been trying to entice PGAT players to add it into their schedules & commitments with some success.
In terms of regular players missing out, is that any different to the Scottish Open earlier in the year?

The issue is these players aren’t being enticed from the PGAT - they are only there because they have been banned from the PGAT and need to get ranking points -

And the Scottish Open is a co sanctioned and there was an event in the US that the players could go and play at the same time

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Best players or not the guys who aren’t part of the DPWT should definitely not be playing at Wentworth. They are banned from PGA Tour events and are taking places from DPWT members who should be playing.

Unless they are joining the DPWT and are committing to playing X number of events they should be told to GTF.

The LIV guys that are still DPWT members, I’ve no issue with them playing at all.

Without checking, I'm not sure who are or are not members of the DPWT, looks to me like a lot of them actually are anyway.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone ever been to an event to see Gooch and Kokrak play? There are some good LiV players playing the BMW, but most aren’t adding anything to the quality of the field.

As for the European fans being excited at them adding to the quality of the field. I very much except they won’t get a warm welcome.

Aside from a handful of golfers, such as Tiger, Rory etc, nobody goes to see one particular golfer play.

As for fans giving them a hard time, I'm sure they won't mind - infact I expect they actually use it to their advantage where they can.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Best tell 'em to change the rules thenScreenshot_20220828-114324_Chrome.jpg
aviary-image-1661683689889.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1147

I think we all need to remember that this is all Jay Monahan’s fault, and has been for the the last 10 to 15 years.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think we all need to remember that this is all Jay Monahan’s fault, and has been for the the last 10 to 15 years.

I'm sure Tringale will be seen as "no big loss" by many to the PGA Tour, but the names that are due to be announced over the next few days will definitley sting a little for Monaghan.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I'm sure Tringale will be seen as "no big loss" by many to the PGA Tour, but the names that are due to be announced over the next few days will definitley sting a little for Monaghan.
What names are they? Morikawa? Schauffele? Rahm? Finau?

All of these guys were coming to LIV at one point, but it turned out that it was just pure BS put out by LIV to unsettle the PGAT.

D

Deleted member 1147

Seems that Tringale actually liked the PGA tour, and it wasn’t as evil as some LIVidiots suggest.
He apparently enjoyed his career there.

D

Deleted member 15344

People wouldn’t be able to pick Tringale out of a line up and it’s the same with most of the names rumoured apart from Cam Smith

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Isn't Cameron Tringale a record holder on the PGA Tour? Most appearances without a single victory I think. Another 30 odd guy who has no future.

On the plus side, he appears to be a decent bloke who supports various charities, so perhaps he can divert some of the dodgy money to a decent cause.
I think it's most money won without a win...same meat different gravy:LOL:
Perfect fit for LIV then...
And I echo LPP's comment about him being faceless....can't recall ever seeing a picture of him.
No loss.

D

Deleted member 15344

I wouldn't pick most PGA Tour golfers out if they walked past me in the street, with a few exceptions.

So as per the list it’s still those middle of the road Pros that are below the top level of golfers - the sort that are very replaceable

Thought the next bunch was going to be full of stars - where are the likes of Matsyuama, Scott ?‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So as per the list it’s still those middle of the road Pros that are below the top level of golfers - the sort that are very replaceable

Thought the next bunch was going to be full of stars - where are the likes of Matsyuama, Scott ?‍♂️

So the current Open champion isn't a star? Aren't you getting bored of inhaling that sand your head seems to be buried in?

The LIV field has got some stellar names in it already, which will be added to for Boston, and added to furthermore for 2023. Deny that if you want, but they have.

D

Deleted member 15344

So the current Open champion isn't a star? Aren't you getting bored of inhaling that sand your head seems to be buried in?

The LIV field has got some stellar names in it already, which will be added to for Boston, and added to furthermore for 2023. Deny that if you want, but they have.

So who from that list beyond Smith ( as i said earlier ) are the “stellar names”

what seems to happen is there is lots of rumours and talk with lots of big name mentioned all over the media ( mainly from pro liv ) - and then when the players are actually announced it’s a bunch of middle road players that haven’t done much and will just be replaced on the PGAT ?‍♂️

Was Matsyuama etc all rumoured last time and it ended up being Howell and Kokrak , this time it’s Tringale , Varner , Lahiri etc - they aren’t stellar names

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So who from that list beyond Smith ( as i said earlier ) are the “stellar names”

what seems to happen is there is lots of rumours and talk with lots of big name mentioned all over the media ( mainly from pro liv ) - and then when the players are actually announced it’s a bunch of middle road players that haven’t done much and will just be replaced on the PGAT ?‍♂️

Was Matsyuama etc all rumoured last time and it ended up being Howell and Kokrak , this time it’s Tringale , Varner , Lahiri etc - they aren’t stellar names

Go and read my post again.