LIV Golf

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Have I? As I don't and never have had a Twitter account, how do you know that?

Even a negative answer to that question could be misleading!
I do wonder why you provide so many, to me, merely click-bait links though.
But enough! I'll not waste any more time on the subject today!
You don't need a Twitter account to read tweets.

Springveldt

Visit site
That's probably less than half the amount a CEO (Monahan's equivalent) in a 'normal' company with that turnover would be compensated!
MLB Commissioner made $11M in 2020; NFL equivalent made $63.9M
And apparently, a sizeable chunk of that 'compensation' is made up of performance bonuses - or at least his predecessor's was.
PGA turnover is “only” 1.5B though and it’s not like the workforce are easily replaceable, they are the top golfers in the world.

If I was a tour player in the mid ranks winning 2M a year and watch Jay get paid 9M I’d be fuming.

D

Deleted member 23270

Sky have a deal currently adding sports to existing subscription. Now TV also have a stand alone offer for sky sports
So if I have basic Sky (which I don't) how much would it cost me a month in total to add golf? I've been quoted more than £100 a month by the guy in my local shopping centre. Genuine question.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
PGA turnover is “only” 1.5B though and it’s not like the workforce are easily replaceable, they are the top golfers in the world.

If I was a tour player in the mid ranks winning 2M a year and watch Jay get paid 9M I’d be fuming.

100% This, why has it taken LIV for the extra money to come into tournaments, it should of been done before now.
You could argue that as CEO he has let down his members.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
100% This, why has it taken LIV for the extra money to come into tournaments, it should of been done before now.
You could argue that as CEO he has let down his members.

Have you read anything about why the PGA is now paying out more?

Also, if the members of the PGA Tour we’re happy with what the boss is being paid. They could do something about it.

Not everyone worries about what other people are being paid.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you read anything about why the PGA is now paying out more?

Also, if the members of the PGA Tour we’re happy with what the boss is being paid. They could do something about it.

Not everyone worries about what other people are being paid.

In my opinion you’d be in the minority, although it’s playing golf, it’s their job, they aren’t playing as a hobby.

He is the boss and has a duty to look after his staff, it’s the standard, I’ll pay you more after you’ve taken a new job.
Why not pay what they are worth to start with.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In my opinion you’d be in the minority, although it’s playing golf, it’s their job, they aren’t playing as a hobby.

He is the boss and has a duty to look after his staff, it’s the standard, I’ll pay you more after you’ve taken a new job.

I’d be in a minority of what?

Like I said. Have you looked at how and why PGAT purses are increasing now?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’d be in a minority of what?

Like I said. Have you looked at how and why PGAT purses are increasing now?
The minority of what people are getting paid.
I haven’t looked at why purses are getting increased but I’m not Naive enough to not think LIV golf has had a significant impact on their thinking on purses.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So if I have basic Sky (which I don't) how much would it cost me a month in total to add golf? I've been quoted more than £100 a month by the guy in my local shopping centre. Genuine question.
We have just renewed with sky. Full sport, no movies, hd, phone, broadband, line rental, £66. I think the tv, sport, all channels worked out at about £32 or similar.

I'm pretty happy with that deal. No doubt someone out that will get it cheaper but it's okay with me.

Go on the sky website and look in offers. If you have an account already then log out. Some deals may be hidden, it's what the sky person on the phone told us to do.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
am I just a guy that enjoys watching as much golf as I have access to, and passing comment on it on a forum?

Mate , I usually ignore your trolly nonsense but your coming accross as a bit obsessed now.

There's a certain irony in calling Foxholer obsessed in a thread with the number of posts Mel Smooth has made :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We have just renewed with sky. Full sport, no movies, hd, phone, broadband, line rental, £66. I think the tv, sport, all channels worked out at about £32 or similar.

I'm pretty happy with that deal. No doubt someone out that will get it cheaper but it's okay with me.

Go on the sky website and look in offers. If you have an account already then log out. Some deals may be hidden, it's what the sky person on the phone told us to do.
My Sky is the same as yours but includes Sky Q - and I’m paying a fortune, but I’m getting from your post that you are an existing Sky customer and still was able to get your package for £66. Basically we can’t afford it, so wouldn’t be stringing them along saying I will have to cancel a load of stuff.

RRidges

Visit site

Though I've not seen his contract, which may suggest differently, his primary responsibility is to the company/organisation rather than the staff. In every CEO/workers situation I know of (partnerships are different) it's a matter of negotiation as to how much or little the boss can get away with paying. That way, his/her own performance is likely to be enhanced.
The minority of what people are getting paid.
I haven’t looked at why purses are getting increased but I’m not Naive enough to not think LIV golf has had a significant impact on their thinking on purses.
And that simply backs up what I posted above. Monahan had to do something to encourage 'loyalty' and enhancing prize money was an obvious tactic.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Though I've not seen his contract, which may suggest differently, his primary responsibility is to the company/organisation rather than the staff. In every CEO/workers situation I know of (partnerships are different) it's a matter of negotiation as to how much or little the boss can get away with paying. That way, his/her own performance is likely to be enhanced.

And that simply backs up what I posted above. Monahan had to do something to encourage 'loyalty' and enhancing prize money was an obvious tactic.
Not in this situation of a non profit. His job is to pay them the maximum he can. Taking into account contingency reserves, reliability of revenue, future revenue and sponsor projections, etc.
It is not to make a profit for someone else, and paying them less is not in the thinking as it is in for-profit organisations that most of us work for.

In a way, LIV has given hi bargaining power with the big corporate sponsors - Ill deliver you the stars, and pretty much all of them that matter, but as you have seen, we are under price competition, so we need you to up your $15M prize fund for your tournament to $20M.

RRidges

Visit site
Not in this situation of a non profit. His job is to pay them the maximum he can. Taking into account contingency reserves, reliability of revenue, future revenue and sponsor projections, etc.
It is not to make a profit for someone else, and paying them less is not in the thinking as it is in for-profit organisations that most of us work for.
Nope! Even so, though perhaps not as aggressively as in a 'for profit' org. It's simply a case of 'who does my contract say employs me, therefore that's where my primary allegiance is'!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nope! Even so, though perhaps not as aggressively as in a 'for profit' org. It's simply a case of 'who does my contract say employs me, therefore that's where my primary allegiance is'!
The players. His job is to have them earn as much as he can. If they arent being paid enough, they fire him. Its not boss fire employee as in a for profit. The players employ him to get the best deals from sponsors, TV, advertising, host courses, so that they get their share of the biggest pie possible, develop the tour to maximise earning potential for pgat members.

RRidges

Visit site
The players. His job is to have them earn as much as he can. If they arent being paid enough, they fire him. Its not boss fire employee as in a for profit. The players employ him to get the best deals from sponsors, TV, advertising, host courses, so that they get their share of the biggest pie possible, develop the tour to maximise earning potential for pgat members.
We'll have to agree to disagree!
FWIW Players can't sack him directly....That can only be done through the Board, though players have a significant, but minority, representation on that body.