LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Also, it is thought the "Saudi Money" argument is losing traction for the PGA Tour, which given this weekends event sponsors have 5 hotels in Saudi Arabia is not really surprising.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Google it/Check Wiki!
I did!

and more than the boss of BP this year and they turnover somewhere near 200x that. A $1.5bn turnover company that earns less than $100m is firmly small potatoes in the capital markets and $1m comensation would be nearer the mark excluding any share packages

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A lot of people are paying in excess of £100 a month for Sky to watch golf. I don't understand why you find my comment weird but you're entitled to your opinion.

Well again its weird because it's not true. You are not just getting golf for £100 you get all sports, movies, broadband etc for £100. Sport on its own can be bought for £20 per month, ie a 5th of what you suggest which had been highlighted many times on this thread.

That's not opinion, that's facts.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Well again its weird because it's not true. You are not just getting golf for £100 you get all sports, movies, broadband etc for £100. Sport on its own can be bought for £20 per month, ie a 5th of what you suggest which had been highlighted many times on this thread.

I reckon sky will be worried as I suspect some of the golf revenues go to buying football rights. If golf goes through the roof in the same way, they will be a bit stuck.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site

20 a month ? Where is that?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Wrong!
Just more blatant pushing of/by LIV on social media - including here! The '54' should be a sufficient clue.

Why don't you follow the link to the source of the information in that tweet, where you'll find a podcast with Carlos Ortiz, discussing the very points I've mentioned, instead of trying to discredit literally ever single post I make in this topic.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
and more than the boss of BP this year and they turnover somewhere near 200x that. ...
Presumably they loss BP made in Q3 21 had something to do with that.
Directly comparing CEO compensation across different industries is hardly a real comparison. My comparison - to other 'commissioners' - was about as similar as possible. It woud be interesting to se what overall GN's compensation is!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Why don't you follow the link to the source of the information in that tweet, where you'll find a podcast with Carlos Ortiz, discussing the very points I've mentioned, instead of trying to discredit literally ever single post I make in this topic.
I've done that enough times to see they were all as I described - merely click-bait for, time-wasting, LIV produced, propaganda.
That's why I suspect your motivation, a direct question about which, you sidestepped! There was no need to re-describe the content of the tweet, so that reinforces my view (bias if you wish).

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've done that enough times to see they were all as I described - merely click-bait for, time-wasting, LIV produced, propaganda.
That's why I suspect your motivation, a direct question about which, you sidestepped!

Go on, which question have I sidestepped?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
PNWokingham's one in 5015

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've answered this question loads of times mate, even when it was directed to me privately via an admin (obviously after some loser somebody had prompted them on the matter)

What do you think Foxholer, you've checked out my Twitter account, you seem pretty concerned with all my views on here.... Am I on the LIV payroll, or am I just a guy that enjoys watching as much golf as I have access to, and passing comment on it on a forum?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sky have a deal currently adding sports to existing subscription. Now TV also have a stand alone offer for sky sports
Now TV is part of Sky. I did eventually sign up and am happy enough with content/setup. Arsenal v Palace last night was a worthwhile watch - if back to too much simulation. Hopefully the Hammers games won't be as dire (by both teams) as the freebee I watched (v Bournemouth) on Amazon last year, but that's nothing to do with the supplier.

Reactions: Val

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What do you think Foxholer, you've checked out my Twitter account..
Have I? As I don't and never have had a Twitter account, how do you know that?
Am I on the LIV payroll...?
Even a negative answer to that question could be misleading!
I do wonder why you provide so many, to me, merely click-bait links though.
But enough! I'll not waste any more time on the subject today!