LIV Golf

Fore Right

Visit site
AK has a full documentary being filmed which I guess will be a 30 for 30, Netflix or Prime which means he cant go into any real detail but quite obviously he surrounded himself with the wrong people and went to a very dark place.
He said in his presser a doctor told him he didnt have much time left to live if he continued down that path.

I was at college in 2012 so didnt know anything about him till he popped up on Liv, kind of find myself pulling for him the more I get to know about his story.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Its a very strange one from LIV though, to have to go so low to get a player.
Add to their case to be taken seriously with Rahm and Hatton. Then borderline freakshow, circus rather than premium golf competition. Why did they shoot themselves in the foot like that ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

cleveland52

Visit site
Fleetwo
Fleetwood generally seems like a decent bloke. He also didn't seem to join in with the 'running the mouth' stuff that some did, which inevitably created tensions. Not expecting him to switch though.

Fleetwood along with Rory misses their Ryder Cup teammates. I wouldn't be surprised if either were the next to go to the Saudi league.

Fore Right

Visit site
Fleetwo

Fleetwood along with Rory misses their Ryder Cup teammates. I wouldn't be surprised if either were the next to go to the Saudi league.
If Liv were granted some kind of path to the majors I think players like Tommy would consider it more.
Any player relying on OWGR ranking for entry to majors right now takes a huge risk going to Liv.

Tyrell Hatton gets into all 4 majors this year via his OWGR position , by 2025 that could be gone so if Liv isnt granted some form of path through its tour, Tyrell needs high finishes in the majors to maintain a place in the top 50 for 2025.

Of course he knew this when he signed and took the reported 50 million dollar signing on fee.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The one thing I love about Liv more than any other is that everytime you tune in everyone is playing and you are guaranteed to watch loads of the best golfers in the world.

I feel it's a point they should lean into more..
Really though ? LIV has 10 or a dozen of the worlds best golfers (lets say, out of the top 100). Yes, those 10 are always there, but so small a number are very little competition for each other.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Really though ? LIV has 10 or a dozen of the worlds best golfers (lets say, out of the top 100). Yes, those 10 are always there, but so small a number are very little competition for each other.

Would you have Dean Burmester as one of those ten, and if so, why isn’t he going to Augusta this week?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No. There is no track record, nor recent evidence given the small pond he is swimming in, that he is at the level to be at the Masters.
Akshay Batia won the weekend tournament taking his world ranking from 95 to 87. Winning that qualified him into the Masters. In 2021 Burmester was ranked 67, 2022 ranked 55, 2023 ranked 72 (drifted as he had joined liv). Your statement doesn't quite add up when you look at it like that.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Akshay Batia won the weekend tournament taking his world ranking from 95 to 87. Winning that qualified him into the Masters. In 2021 Burmester was ranked 67, 2022 ranked 55, 2023 ranked 72 (drifted as he had joined liv). Your statement doesn't quite add up when you look at it like that.
Batia is in because he won, not his ranking. Recently. Thats a strong measure of his level against his peers. Beating a distinctly stronger field than any LIV one. Burmeister has no such.
I dont see that there is really any argument here at all.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Batia now has 2 PGA tour wins. One of which is between the 23 & 24 Masters Tournaments.

So he has earned his spot.