LIV Golf

Swango1980

Visit site
What do ultra exclusive clubs have to do Saudi Arabia ?

Here is a more relevant point for you

I turned down a job with BAE working in Saudi - is that not more relevant than me deciding to play a golf course that I like even if the club is very exclusive and I can’t be a member ?

Just because you turned down a job in Saudi Arabia doesn't make you a hero. There are plenty of reasons for you to not do that, such as the fact that you quite like your life in the UK, you like being local to watching your football, you speak the English language, you don't really want to permanently live in another culture, etc. No one truly believe your sole reason was that you would have absolutely moved to Saudi Arabia, but didn't simply because you didn't like their human rights record. It was only your superior moral motive that made that decision.

Not comparable to golfers playing in the LIV tour at all. Their lives pretty much are unaffected, as they continue to travel from one golf course to another from week to week, mainly in western, English speaking nations. If anything, they probably feel it frees up more time for them, whilst earning so much more in the process. If they had been asked to play week in, week out, in Saudi Arabia all year round, maybe they'd have come to a different conclusion.

Swango1980

Visit site
So, less than 30 minutes before tee off, and I still see no sign of it live on youtube. Does it just begin at 2pm on the dot.

That is definitely one disappointment. I'm sure viewers would like to see a bit of the build up, and pundits chatting about it (whoever they are)

D

Deleted member 15344

Just because you turned down a job in Saudi Arabia doesn't make you a hero. There are plenty of reasons for you to not do that, such as the fact that you quite like your life in the UK, you like being local to watching your football, you speak the English language, you don't really want to permanently live in another culture, etc. No one truly believe your sole reason was that you would have absolutely moved to Saudi Arabia, but didn't simply because you didn't like their human rights record. It was only your superior moral motive that made that decision.

Not comparable to golfers playing in the LIV tour at all. Their lives pretty much are unaffected, as they continue to travel from one golf course to another from week to week, mainly in western, English speaking nations. If anything, they probably feel it frees up more time for them, whilst earning so much more in the process. If they had been asked to play week in, week out, in Saudi Arabia all year round, maybe they'd have come to a different conclusion.

Take a step back there please , you are not required to analyse every single thing posted and most certainly not with the arrogance you display

Nowhere did I state that I was a hero

And yes Saudi Arabia way of life including how they treated people after witnessing a number times when I had to work out there and how family members were treated was a key reason.

It was highlighting that someone is willing to turn down more money all because of who is offering it

People are allowed to have morals and use those morals when making their life choices instead of just looking at the riches offered

Springveldt

Visit site
Just seen James Wiltshire’s uploaded a video of DJs practice or pro am round 110k views in 12 hours
I've been a subscriber to his channel for a few years. That' actually a pretty amazing number for him and it's less than a day. 140K now in 16 hours, a lot of his content barely breaks 20K views.

Swango1980

Visit site
Take a step back there please , you are not required to analyse every single thing posted and most certainly not with the arrogance you display

Nowhere did I state that I was a hero

And yes Saudi Arabia way of life including how they treated people after witnessing a number times when I had to work out there and how family members were treated was a key reason.

It was highlighting that someone is willing to turn down more money all because of who is offering it

People are allowed to have morals and use those morals when making their life choices instead of just looking at the riches offered
You are doing the same to everyone else, apart from ignoring any statements that are actually good points.

My point is, you can't compare the fact you refused to take up a job in Saudi Arabia to golfers playing on the LIV tour when you are trying to make a moral argument. Firstly, no one is asking these players to pretty live in the Middle East to work. They are not being ask to completely change their way of life. I'm in a position were I'm pretty comfortable in life, and I wouldn't move to Saudi Arabia to work, even if they doubled my salary. I'm too comfortable living in the UK, and I don't really fancy living in Saudi Arabia, before even considering their human rights record.

However, if I was asked to move to another place within the city I live, do the same job I do now but get paid double AND maybe a 3 day weekend instead of a 2 day weekend, I would do it. Even if the owners of the company were from Saudi Arabia, or China or wherever else.

D

Deleted member 15344

You are doing the same to everyone else, apart from ignoring any statements that are actually good points.

My point is, you can't compare the fact you refused to take up a job in Saudi Arabia to golfers playing on the LIV tour when you are trying to make a moral argument. Firstly, no one is asking these players to pretty live in the Middle East to work. They are not being ask to completely change their way of life. I'm in a position were I'm pretty comfortable in life, and I wouldn't move to Saudi Arabia to work, even if they doubled my salary. I'm too comfortable living in the UK, and I don't really fancy living in Saudi Arabia, before even considering their human rights record.

However, if I was asked to move to another place within the city I live, do the same job I do now but get paid double AND maybe a 3 day weekend instead of a 2 day weekend, I would do it. Even if the owners of the company were from Saudi Arabia, or China or wherever else.

because you steamed in you missed the point

someone tried to compare the Golfers playing in the Liv tour with me choosing to play a round at an exclusive club - no idea why he thought it was relevant but he did

I said that a more relevant comparison was me not working for a company who were working for the Saudi government - not just about living there etc , it was indirectly being paid by them to train and teach Saudi military

So yes I think it’s more relevant comparison to someone going on about exclusive golf clubs - I didn’t want to take money from a disgusting regime , the likes of Mickleson and Co have no issues taking that money

I guess could put you in the same bracket then if you don’t care where the money comes from

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Here. We Go.

Sky Sports Golf live broadcasting the Canadian Open AND the Scandinavian Open on Youtube as an alternative viewing choice.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've been a subscriber to his channel for a few years. That' actually a pretty amazing number for him and it's less than a day. 140K now in 16 hours, a lot of his content barely breaks 20K views.

11k watching Live at start time!

Now 15k

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
22K on LIV, 3K on PGA and 196 on DP World tour.

The DP World Tour really, really should have partnered with LIV. Imagine how many of the top Euro players would have come back full time to the DP World Tour if they could have played 8 LIV events as well.

To be fair, DPWT have hardly advertised a free event this weekend so its hard to compare it to LIV's first ever - but I see your point!

Swango1980

Visit site
This is my afternoon at work sorted. Tee off at 14:15, youtube coverage started at 14:00, 26,000 viewers on youtube so far and seemingly rising rapidly. No idea if that is good or not?