LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 1418

I think we’ve reach peak Mel spin here.

On what planet can the PGAT and the Saudi regime be considered as being remotely similar?

I don’t remember the PGAT beating orphans, jailing people for tweeting or dismembering anyone

I don't think the PGAT have murdered any journos either.........! ;)

D

Deleted member 1418

I see that LIV are going to allow players to wear shorts. About time, I have no idea why the main tours have never done this.

Because no-one wants to see pasty white legs!!

D

Deleted member 1418

Stick LIV on and you've got some of the best golfers in the world chasing each other shot by shot, and some of those shots were spectacular by the way.

Even got Bubba interviewing guys out on the course, the whole viewing experience is engaging.

But not as good as Rory chasing down Scheffler last week.......! :unsure:

And LIV had a guy who shot +17 yesterday.......! #golfbutcrappier.........:eek:

Wow, Bubba interviewing guys out on the course........so copying DP World Tour then! ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

You do realise you can apply a similar train of thought to the PGA Tour and pull massive holes in it.

Golfers getting paid millions in a tour that charades as a charity giver to avoid paying tax, while the execs make several miilions of dollars a year, to the detriment of golf across the world?

Fair play to you

I never thought someone could reach too spin but you made it

I'm talking about the concept of the golf (political discussion not allowed remember).

Pretty sure there are more people unjustly killed in the USA than there are in Saudi though, through decisions of the countries leaders. Of course, it's different because the PGA isn't funded by the US Governement - even though it actually is through the tax they don't pay to the IRS due to the fact that they've got charitable status.

Bizarre.

Just outstanding level of spin and sportswashing at its finest

The PGAT isn’t perfect - far from it but to compare it the Saudi regime ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I didn’t think you were and the other bots from Twitter are on some reward to market the tour but starting to think differently - clearly people from Saudi have to be very careful what they say on Twitter as we have just seen another person sentenced to 45 years in jail for social media posts so what better way to try and spread the word than to get a load of westerners to create accounts and flood social media with nothing but pro LIV and anti PGAT talk , hence why you only appeared on here when it all started , but it’s just got too much now and it’s having the opposite affect and it’s just making that division even wider.
if you like LIV then just watch it and enjoy it - you don’t have to keep pushing it

Swango1980

Visit site
Is Mickleson still the poster boy of LIV?

Another lovely hypothetical. Year 2020, PGA decide that are reducing number of events, 3 rounds per event and only 48 players playing. Those 48 players will be selected by the PGA personally, and paid huge amounts of money. Have a weird team element as well, although difficult to really understand.

I doubt Mel Smooth would have suddenly become a huge fan of the PGA Tour. I reckon he, and just about every golf fan, would have hated it.

But, call it LIV golf, suddenly a bunch of people love it, and try and convince others to is a serious tour. It isn't. Had the PGA Tour done this, it would have been the death of the PGA Tour as it would have been ridiculous. So, it doesn't become anymore credible if Greg Norman and his financers do it.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair play to you

I never thought someone could reach too spin but you made it

Just outstanding level of spin and sportswashing at its finest

The PGAT isn’t perfect - far from it but to compare it the Saudi regime ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I didn’t think you were and the other bots from Twitter are on some reward to market the tour but starting to think differently - clearly people from Saudi have to be very careful what they say on Twitter as we have just seen another person sentenced to 45 years in jail for social media posts so what better way to try and spread the word than to get a load of westerners to create accounts and flood social media with nothing but pro LIV and anti PGAT talk , hence why you only appeared on here when it all started , but it’s just got too much now and it’s having the opposite affect and it’s just making that division even wider.
if you like LIV then just watch it and enjoy it - you don’t have to keep pushing it
But if you are fully against it morally
Think it’s an exhibition
Players only doing it for money
Don’t watch it
Think it a stupid concept
Think it’s only for players past their best or players nobody would recognise in a line up.
However talk and debate it for weeks
Yes sounds a bit pathetic doesn’t it?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But if you are fully against it morally
Think it’s an exhibition
Players only doing it for money
Don’t watch it
Think it a stupid concept
Think it’s only for players past their best or players nobody would recognise in a line up.
However talk and debate it for weeks
Yes sounds a bit pathetic doesn’t it?
Yes, because it was a threat to real tournament golf there for couple of months, so no surprise people taking an interest in which way things would go while it was uncertain. The moment seems to have passed though, without significantly wounding the pgat, and the Saudi does like it is up a blind alley with only a handful of top players. The rumour mill of top rank signing seems to have silenced too, despite the rumblings of the floodgates opening after the Fedex. Instead, just Cams, which was known since the Open. Has LIV backed itself into a corner now - big big money invested, but have not captured sufficient quality to sustain claims of being a top flight tour, let alone usurp the pgat's position?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
LIV Tour is here to stay.
The PGA and DP World Tour have made an utter arse of this from the off. They should have all sat down and worked together like grown ups and thrashed out a deal to coexist and grow the game.

What do you mean by 'the game' - the business turnover and revenue of the top 50 golfers in the world ? Or ?

evemccc

Visit site
What do you mean by 'the game' - the business turnover and revenue of the top 50 golfers in the world ? Or ?

Are you referring to LIV golf, or to Rory, Tiger, JT and the PGA Tour? Because that is precisely what No Laying Up have been calling for, and have been celebrating the recent changes..

It could equally be either..

evemccc

Visit site
The only winners from this whole thing are the rich golfers - just getting more money

Whether that be on the PGAT or LIV

They are the only real winners , not the sport or the fans

Zero disagreement that like many industries and sports, it’s the richest getting exponentially richer

The only thing I personally like is that it’s on YouTube for free (for now) at least

D

Deleted member 15344

Zero disagreement that like many industries and sports, it’s the richest getting exponentially richer

The only thing I personally like is that it’s on YouTube for free (for now) at least

Most of the golfers involved in the LIV and also at the main level on the PGAT are already set for life -and it won’t be long until LIV get a media deal from someone to help bring the money in.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Lots of people keep making this mistake. They arent tweeting about the golf being played on LIV. They are tweeting about the LIV v PGAT business battle. No golf involved.
Think they need to put their phones down for a while.
Maybe spend the time with their families ?‍♂️

Swango1980

Visit site
Lots of people keep making this mistake. They arent tweeting about the golf being played on LIV. They are tweeting about the LIV v PGAT business battle. No golf involved.
To be fair, I've heard one statement related to the actual golf - mention of the guy that shot +17

However, I don't think many people are bothered too much by the leaders. Comedy golf :)