LIV Golf

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Who knows? Hovland is mentioned above. Wouldn’t be surprised with Matsuyama, Cantlay, Cam Smith.

I’m interested to see who. I’m enjoying the chaos.

D

Deleted member 15344

Who knows? Hovland is mentioned above. Wouldn’t be surprised with Matsuyama, Cantlay, Cam Smith.

I’m interested to see who. I’m enjoying the chaos.

Hovland I’ll happy putting my hat on won’t leave , same with Cam Smith . All those in the Top 15 are hungry to win majors

Matsyuma is one that may go but the rumoured amount for him is staggering £500mil

RRidges

Visit site
You just can’t get some people to accept reality.

Fallen 16 places in the OWGR = not fallen pretty badly. OK. Got it. Your planet must be a weird place.
Did I actually suggest you were wrong?
If it's not factual, or verifiable, it's still simply opinion - which others might agree with or not!

sunshine

Visit site
Are you not just playing the poster there? You're completely twisting his words just to have a go at him from what I can see ?

Not sure how I can twist his words in a direct quote? I really don’t care about the poster, it was just an astonishing comment.

RRidges

Visit site
Anyway boys, I’m off this thread for a few days. Let’s hope we have a thrilling weekend from Scotland.
Good suggestion, whoever by.(y)
I'm looking forward to a great battle. I won't predict the winner as my latest predictions have been pretty dire, but I'm hoping Rory fulfils his potential. Though a win by Cameron Smith would be good for bragging rights. Mentioning Greg Norman doesn't get a great reaction at the moment.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think they should restructure the teams for LIV Golf.

I suggest:
  • Team Has Been, captioned by Lee Westwood, and including Poulter, Garcia and Kaymer.
  • Team Never Really Was with Peter Uihlein, Hudson Swafford and Carlos Ortiz
  • Team Who's That, captained by Jediah Morgan, James Piot and including, well, quite a lot of players.
  • Team The PGA Tour Thanks You with Patrick Reed, Talor Gooch and Pat Perez
  • Team Confused with Dustin Johnson on his own.
  • Team I Know Its a Shotgun But I Still Finished Half and Hour After Everybody Else with Kevin Na
  • Team I Think I Regret Making This Move with Louis Oosthuizen, Sam Horsfield and others TBC.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Graeme McDowell

@Graeme_McDowell

Quality viewing @TheOpen. The unpredictability of The Old Course from bounces to weather is unlike anything in golf. Can’t turn it off. Thinking pace of play might have improved with a shotgun start? What you guys think?

This could have resulted in Tiger finishing somewhere out the back of the course, and then not having “that walk” up the 18th, which everyone must agree was rather special.

Just attempting to divert attention away from the 150th Open in my opinion

D

Deleted member 15344

The Guardian's golf correspondent Ewan Murray reported that Garcia told Spanish media that 'he will be quitting the European Tour (therefore Ryder Cups).'

"My resignation is not official, but I'm going to make it effective," Garcia is reported to have told Spanish media, adding: "What they are doing is a shame because the European Tour is going to become the fifth in the world."

Mod Edit (Swearing)

Garcia may now choose to play full-time on the LIV Golf Invitational Series and the Asian Tour, which has seen significant investment from LIV Golf. Paul Casey revealed that WhatsApp messages between LIV playersmay have tried to organise them all playing the same Asian Tour events to boost the strength of fields and therefore world ranking points.

There may be more DP World Tour/Ryder Cup drama to follow if Henrik Stenson joins LIV Golf like one notable report in Sweden claimed. The Ryder Cup captain would almost certainly have to step down if he joined LIV, with the likes of Poulter, Westwood, McDowell and Kaymer also set to be removed from the team, whether as players or captains.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/re...hlEagGYRzSp3Y5CpD9RaLwbL8o#l5pm4sbaqyuu3hsv8r

Last edited by a moderator:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Sorry, no shill, and have nothing to do with LIV.
Early 50s cack-handed but v real mid-handicapper in Northumberland. Just happen to have heard something from someone who knows people.

You’ll forgive people for thinking yours was an odd introduction to this forum.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I suppose they'll be a flood of info / hype etc. till the end of the month, then perhaps a quiet August - or is that unlikely.
Despite a great Open it was clear there was plenty being said from several perspectives all over media/social media. Maybe just have to become used to it until the 'Saudi Golf Holiday Destination' is established.