Kuch 3rd time around!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Rubbish comparison, let’s put it in a real life golfing scenario.

If you were playing a skins game with some mates, and were lucky enough to walk off the 18th as the winner, and £130 better off. Would you think 50p an acceptable cut to give to the junior who was out caddying for you?

How is that anywhere near real life, 50p I ask you
But as the caddy if I'd agreed to 50p or £5 that's what I'd expect and it would be nice if I got more since he won but not something I'd spit the dummy over if it didn't happen

Wolf

Visit site
This thread or should I say 3rd incarnation of it has now become truly laughable.

Player comes out issuing statement of what occurred, people still can't accept the truth that the fella did a deal and got a tip.

So what's the next thing to do insult his faith which is nothing short of insulting but that's ok and then others claiming they don't take advantage of cheap labour, the entire UK takes advantage of cheap labour costs in its electrical goods, clothing manufacturers actually pretty much all its consumables so anyone says they don't like this kuchar issue because they don't like others taking advantage of cheap labour shows nothing more than a level of hypocrisy because whether we agree with cheap labour or not we all take advantage of it through one means or another be that golf, clothing or other household items we own..

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
This thread or should I say 3rd incarnation of it has now become truly laughable.

Player comes out issuing statement of what occurred, people still can't accept the truth that the fella did a deal and got a tip.

So what's the next thing to do insult his faith which is nothing short of insulting but that's ok and then others claiming they don't take advantage of cheap labour, the entire UK takes advantage of cheap labour costs in its electrical goods, clothing manufacturers actually pretty much all its consumables so anyone says they don't like this kuchar issue because they don't like others taking advantage of cheap labour shows nothing more than a level of hypocrisy because whether we agree with cheap labour or not we all take advantage of it through one means or another be that golf, clothing or other household items we own..

Like the majority of threads on here, it's people posting their opinions and counter opinions.
Sometimes people will take offence, sometimes they will agree, sometimes they won't give a monkey's.
I try not to get involved in most of the opinion threads but if someone quotes me directly then I'll generally reply.

Clearly some people don't agree with my opinion on this, nor my use of the term God Botherer, I apologise for any offence caused.
I post below the quote in Golf Monthly from Matt Kuchar.

Kuchar spoke to Golf.com’s Michael Bamberger at Riviera ahead of the Genesis Open where he confirmed that the agreement was that he’d pay ‘El Tucan’ $1,000 if he missed the cut, $2,000 if he made the cut, $3,000 if he had a top-20 and $4,000 if he had a top-10.

“The extra $1,000 was, ‘Thank you — it was a great week,'” he said.

“Those were the terms. He was in agreement with those terms. That’s where I struggle. I don’t know what happened. Someone must have said, ‘You need much more.’’”

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Like the majority of threads on here, it's people posting their opinions and counter opinions.
Sometimes people will take offence, sometimes they will agree, sometimes they won't give a monkey's.
I try not to get involved in most of the opinion threads but if someone quotes me directly then I'll generally reply.

Clearly some people don't agree with my opinion on this, nor my use of the term God Botherer, I apologise for any offence caused.
I post below the quote in Golf Monthly from Matt Kuchar.

Kuchar spoke to Golf.com’s Michael Bamberger at Riviera ahead of the Genesis Open where he confirmed that the agreement was that he’d pay ‘El Tucan’ $1,000 if he missed the cut, $2,000 if he made the cut, $3,000 if he had a top-20 and $4,000 if he had a top-10.

“The extra $1,000 was, ‘Thank you — it was a great week,'” he said.

“Those were the terms. He was in agreement with those terms. That’s where I struggle. I don’t know what happened. Someone must have said, ‘You need much more.’’”

I wouldn't worry about it and certainly wouldn't be offering any apology, everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's what makes a forum work and keeps it interesting.

Some people just love a drama and mock offence.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

The discussion just goes round and round endlessly because each person's opinion is governed by their own standards/morals, which don't change. One camp says a deal is a deal, the other camp says if you make more money than you expected then you should share it about and give people more than what was agreed. There has not been one instance in any of these threads of someone changing their mind from one camp to the other yet it still goes on. :LOL:

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
How is that anywhere near real life, 50p I ask you
But as the caddy if I'd agreed to 50p or £5 that's what I'd expect and it would be nice if I got more since he won but not something I'd spit the dummy over if it didn't happen

It’s more realistic to use this example in that us mere mortals are more likely to play for £130 than £1.3M. I used 50p because that is the same % as what kuchar paid his caddy and I feel puts it into perspective - sorry if this was lost on you.

Kuchar can say whatever he likes about the deal they had, but the figures speak for themselves and you can’t blame people for seeing him as cheap. I wouldn’t bring religion into it, but the point is evident. As one of the tours so called mr nice guys he has come across very badly.

He won a tournament and could easily have overlooked their deal and paid this guy a life changing sum with a standard 5% of the winnings. Kuchar wouldn’t have missed the money and he wouldn’t be getting the bad press he deserves.

Wolf

Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it and certainly wouldn't be offering any apology, everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's what makes a forum work and keeps it interesting.

Yet some send pathetic PMs to enforce their opinions and call you out yet here you are saying some love drama and mock offence 😂

I will agree though no need apologise everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yet some send pathetic PMs to enforce their opinions and call you out yet here you are saying some love drama and mock offence 😂

I will agree though no need apologise everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Still chewing your rusk I see.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
$4k was agreed for a top 10 finish, Kuch wasnt expecting to win the thing with a non english speaking caddy.

Kuch gave him another $1k bonus on top of the agreed $4k

He went into a tournament not expecting to win?
I don’t believe that, you go into every tournament to try and win don’t you?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s more realistic to use this example in that us mere mortals are more likely to play for £130 than £1.3M. I used 50p because that is the same % as what kuchar paid his caddy and I feel puts it into perspective - sorry if this was lost on you.

Kuchar can say whatever he likes about the deal they had, but the figures speak for themselves and you can’t blame people for seeing him as cheap. I wouldn’t bring religion into it, but the point is evident. As one of the tours so called mr nice guys he has come across very badly.

He won a tournament and could easily have overlooked their deal and paid this guy a life changing sum with a standard 5% of the winnings. Kuchar wouldn’t have missed the money and he wouldn’t be getting the bad press he deserves.

Caddies have a flat rate of roughly $1-$1.5k a week I was told by a former caddie last night.

Top 10 finish is usually a 10% cut. Anything outside top 10 is an 8% cut.

Tough gig if your bag isn't making cuts.

Wolf

Visit site
Still chewing your rusk I see.
And that quote itself shows how sad and pathetic you are Jacko and Sums up the patheticness of the PM you sent me because you don't like someone that doesn't roll over because you try to shout louder.

Don't worry ill keep chewing my rusk it's much sweeter than the bitterness you harbour.

D

Deleted member 18588

Forums don't work. Unless you mean as a platform for keyboard warriors to make anonymous comments that they would not be prepared to make face to face.

However, we are all entitled to voice opinions. What we are not entitled to do is mock a person's gender, race , sexuality or religion.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Forums don't work. Unless you mean as a platform for keyboard warriors to make anonymous comments that they would not be prepared to make face to face.

However, we are all entitled to voice opinions. What we are not entitled to do is mock a person's gender, race , sexuality or religion.

Who mocked gender, race, sexuality or religion?