Kuch 3rd time around!

D

Deleted member 18588

I'd take it more as if you can help it don't work for Matt kuchar, you will find a better employer elsewhere. Anybody in the industry will tell you he took advantage and let himself down, if it was such a fair deal why the sudden change of mind, there wouldn't have been anything said about it if it was a fair deal.

So if Kuchar had finished 50th was it a fair deal?

The bag-carrier is a chancer.

D

Deleted member 18588

Is there anything wrong with revealing what he was paid?

Golf is one of those sports where they talk quite freely about how much cash was won, how much was on the line for 2nd place or tied 2nd etc.

With Kuchar winning a big cheque it was always going to be a story how much the caddy would lift. Everyone and their dog knows about the traditional payments to caddies on the winning bag. I'm sure those in the media were wondering how much he would receive and in turn tell fans of the sport.

The meagre amount was eventually revealed and most people were rightly disgusted. Matt himself feels ashamed and rightly so and has made amends.

The "traditional" bonuses are rarely if ever paid to local, pick up caddies.

Nor by those like Lee Westwood who use family members.

D

Deleted member 18588

There is a link above stating someone won on the web.com tour with a local caddy and paid the full 10% .

Note the word "rarely".

In any event I don't dispute that Kuchar was less than generous.

I am, however, of the opinion that the caddy is an untrustworthy chancer.

He agreed a deal that was, relative to his usual earnings, very good and if Kuchar had finished outside of the top 10 he wouldn't have said anything.

Once Kuchar won and, perhaps, others had got in his ear he saw the chance to try and cash in, conveniently forgetting the original agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/47264137

This might start drawing a line under it, or not
Isn't that a rehash of the statement that came out several days ago? Good that he realises how it's made him look and great if he does recompense the caddy in full but you have to wonder how much his management and sponsors have been squeezing him to stand up and be seen to do the right thing

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Isn't that a rehash of the statement that came out several days ago? Good that he realises how it's made him look and great if he does recompense the caddy in full but you have to wonder how much his management and sponsors have been squeezing him to stand up and be seen to do the right thing
More than Likely is Homer, it's from the BBC who are slow to say the least.first time I have seen it. Suffice to say, the tight sod.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd take the 15k for carry a bang and reading a few greens :) where do I sign up? Lot of pressure on the caddie hitting all those winning shots :-( more worthless newspaper rubbish.