Kuch 3rd time around!

D

Deleted member 18588

Considering he is due about a million I'd say rightly so!

There is no way that he is due $1m.

He is not a Tour caddy and his experience guiding American holidaymakers around the course would be of very limited benefit to a top line pro'.

He signed up to a deal with Kuchar and was happy to receive a fee equal to many times more than he would normally earn in a week

Subsequently he has been encouraged by others, some of whom may have an agenda, to seek more than the agreed amount.

Certainly Kuchar and his advisers could have made an offer earlier but there was no obligation, either legal or moral.

D

Deleted member 15344

So he accepted an initial £5k fee - no probs , he hasn’t said if there was any extra for winning

The player won and he was given his £5k

And then was offered £15k but said no !

It’s a shame that he has prob had a few whispers in his ears etc as he has just missed out on £15k

Wolf

Visit site
Caddy and Player agree fee. Kuchar pays agreed fee. People kick up fuss. Caddy is offered $15k extra. Caddy turns down extra amount and demands more. And yet it's Kuchar in the wrong? I'm confused.
Exactly this for me to fee for services agreed before event, player pays Caddy agreed fee, bunch of sour people kick up a fuss so Caddy is then offered extra 15k and it's still Kuchars fault.. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous and if people still point the finger at Kuchar then they need to look at simple terms of an agreement

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, this whole story is nonsense. If the caddy is unhappy with his fee (months later after the event I might add), then he should get better and negotiating for his services prior to the event. Why didn't he ask for a fee as a % of the player's winnings? Instead of a flat fee. That would have helped.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
So..., he agreed a fee of £5k, was subsequently offered an additional £15k and said no, because his valuation is £50k.

Who decides fair in this, really? He's not due the cut of a tour caddy in my opinion, if the £100k is correct he thinks he's due 50%. The culmination of money on the table is 20%. Did he do a 5th of the work of the tour caddy? Probably. Did he do half the work of a tour caddy? Probably not. I said before, the more he listens to the voices in his ear the more unwanted attention he will receive.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I originally thought the caddy was keeping quiet either for his own good, or because he was being respectful. Kuch may be a tight wad, but if that was the figure agreed upon at the outset then thats it. However to now carry on like he has and admit to turning down an extra $15k he now comes across as greedy and the support he may have had would now I imagine go over to Kuch.
Neither come out of this with glowing reports or much credit.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i can only assume that there was an agreed split or extra fee, i cant imagine anyone turning down 15k unless they actually had a contract worth more!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
i can only assume that there was an agreed split or extra fee, i cant imagine anyone turning down 15k unless they actually had a contract worth more!
If he turned down $15k then I imagine it was set as a full and final settlement and so that would be the end of it. By turning it down I suspect he thinks he can get more somewhere down the line.

I don't think this bloke will be getting a bag next time the tournament goes there.

D

Deleted member 18588

I like kuchar but this doesn't sit well with me.

It demeans the jobs all caddies do and is a pitiful amount to give someone when you pocket over a million dollars.

There is a big difference between an experienced Tour caddy and a bag-carrier at a resort.

This is reflected in the amount this guy is usually paid.

Wolf

Visit site
There is a big difference between an experienced Tour caddy and a bag-carrier at a resort.

This is reflected in the amount this guy is usually paid.
You beat me to the reply on this.
Guys a local caddie earning more in a week than he probably ever has doesn't demean him at all. Plus regular tour Caddy has more to do and fact he could easily have not been working that week as the tournament was on and players may have already had their own or other caddies