Jordan Spieth - Is he a choker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
really? if thats choking i wish i choked everytime i played badly

mentally stronger than anyone else in the game so clearly on todays evidence

Yeah, he got over it and turned it round brilliantly but this should have been a formality the form he's been in and he just wasn't on it when they teed off.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't see it. A bottler can't go from 4 over to one under in the space 4 holes coming down the stretch at a major.

Can see where Kaz is coming from - at one stage he was 11 under 3 ahead - then was 3 over within a couple of holes from just poor shots so maybe that could be the initial choke but then recovered superbly ?

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spieth isn't a front runner.

He couldn't do it on the final day while leading

Soon as he was behind he was able to turn it on

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think bad shots get mistaken for choking far too often.

Missing badly right is his bad shot. Everyone who's watched him over the last couple of years knows that. It happens quite often, even with no pressure, so how can it be choking?

Choking to me is missing greens from inside 150, 3 putting from nowhere or making crazy decisions.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
He hit a bad shot on 13, really bad, but his comeback proves without doubt he isn't a choker. That run of holes from 14-17 is ATG performance in a Major type stuff, unreal. He's incredible. 23 years old, 14 professional wins with 3 majors. He could end his career as one of THE great players.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think bad shots get mistaken for choking far too often.

Missing badly right is his bad shot. Everyone who's watched him over the last couple of years knows that. It happens quite often, even with no pressure, so how can it be choking?

Choking to me is missing greens from inside 150, 3 putting from nowhere or making crazy decisions.

I was golfing so didn't see any of the front nine, just made the assumption based on the surprising scoring in contrast to his first three rounds. Lots of mental strength to bounce back from the driving range onwards.

D

Deleted member 16999

Spieth isn't a front runner.

He couldn't do it on the final day while leading

Soon as he was behind he was able to turn it on
Eh! He was the front runner. He led from day 1, tied 1st after 1 round, leader on own on days 2 & 3, won event, I think you're letting a few bad holes cloud your judgement.

D

Deleted member 16999

Can see where Kaz is coming from - at one stage he was 11 under 3 ahead - then was 3 over within a couple of holes from just poor shots so maybe that could be the initial choke but then recovered superbly ?
You've stated on this thread you didn't think he'd win another Major and Rory would win another before him, finally he'll be defined as a choker until he wins another Major.

Well, come on, Is Jordan Spieth a choker in YOUR opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.