Jordan Spieth - Is he a choker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
well spotted but will we ever know why ?

Probably just realised how hypocritical it was....??

Possibly the most opinionated member of the forum
King of quotes
King of cut and paste
King of Google

Having the audacity to condemn somebody for using past quotes against somebody and accuse them of trolling

That's just my opinion
But could be completely wrong.......

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably just realised how hypocritical it was....??

Possibly the most opinionated member of the forum
King of quotes
King of cut and paste
King of Google

Having the audacity to condemn somebody for using past quotes against somebody and accuse them of trolling

That's just my opinion
But could be completely wrong.......

spot on

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just as a comparison..
Since Rory won his last Major (PGA 2014) the stats go like this (Majors)

Jordan - P11 W x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 1, M/C x 0
Rory ' P10 W x 0, 4th x 2, 5th x 1, Top 10 x 2 M/C x 3

With the influx of "new" talent capable of winning Majors, Rory has a lot to do to win more - the longer he goes without another, the harder it will be to get over the line again.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Rory doesn't look too far away from putting 4 good rounds together.
I can see him winning another major in the next year.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yeah, having panned Rory here (and on other threads), today was the first time I've seen him for a while where he looked like 'old' Rory. Hope he wins the PGA - he loves Quail Hollow.

He's still the best to watch when he's on it.
Yeah I'd like to see him win the PGA.
Tbf he did well to make the cut after his first 9 holes.
He just needs something to click.

D

Deleted member 15344

To be fair to Phil. The first part of this post sums up exactly what happened to Spieth today... however, he sorted himself out and finished incredibly!!

Seems I have a little fan club , some are the obvious trolls on here , some under the radar and of course tommy appears

Yep the first part of the post that someone took time and effort to search for was clearly what happens to Speith today during the early part of his round and it has indeed happened before but his recovery was just superb - incredible to come back from that so the part about me not thinking he would win another major was clearly proved wrong - not the first time and won't be the last time. I expect it's happened to all on here - just not everyone is that sad to go through the posts on here to show where people predictions get proved wrong . Im pretty sure at one stage every single person on here has made a prediction that's turned out to be wrong. I'm sure when McIlroy wins more majors it will prove a few wrong on here. Anyway I'm glad I didn't call Spieth a choker - imagine how the tribe would have reacted then :rofl:

Ps - my mate is looking to join Burnham as Country member so might see you down then a few times :thup:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seems I have a little fan club , some are the obvious trolls on here , some under the radar and of course tommy appears

Yep the first part of the post that someone took time and effort to search for was clearly what happens to Speith today during the early part of his round and it has indeed happened before but his recovery was just superb - incredible to come back from that so the part about me not thinking he would win another major was clearly proved wrong - not the first time and won't be the last time. I expect it's happened to all on here - just not everyone is that sad to go through the posts on here to show where people predictions get proved wrong . Im pretty sure at one stage every single person on here has made a prediction that's turned out to be wrong. I'm sure when McIlroy wins more majors it will prove a few wrong on here. Anyway I'm glad I didn't call Spieth a choker - imagine how the tribe would have reacted then :rofl:

Ps - my mate is looking to join Burnham as Country member so might see you down then a few times :thup:

Is this a confession From the Great Pill, well I hope you learn from this and stop ranting and trying to prove/convince everyone that what you say is fact as clearly you are not always right (most times your wrong to be fair) but hey ho fair play to you it must have taken a lot for you to admit you were wrong .

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

awesome! So good down there

Pin-seeker

Visit site

The old fan club again hey phil 😳
Why always you?

As anyone actually said that Rory wont win another major??

Maybe someone just decided to read the thread again as oppose to searching it out 👍🏻

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Definately not a choker and to suggest this is a little peculiar. Winning majors and particularly the Open Championship with it's history appears quite tricky. Dealing with nerves is part of the game and he took longer than he would have liked to wrestle it into submission - to do so in that manner and be able to dig that deep into reserves of self belief is a rare and wondrous thing to see.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Maybe, just maybe it was fun to read through the thread again and see some comments of someone who is so opinionated. Someone who constantly regurgitates old quotes from people if they've ever been wrong about something just so he can prove he was right in some way. Someone who never lets things lie and always has to have the last word and is an expert on everything.

Well you know what you were wrong. Big time and it was there in black and white.

I wondered if you'd laugh it off and be a good sport about it but you did exactly what I thought you would. Throw your toys like a big kid proving you can't handle it when someone shows you how incredibly wrong you were.

You deleted you post but not before people quoted you. So why did you remove it?

G

guest100718

infamy...

D

Deleted member 16999

To be fair to Phil. The first part of this post sums up exactly what happened to Spieth today... however, he sorted himself out and finished incredibly!!
Sadly as you saw from his response to you, rather than backing up when he is right or showing some humility when he's wrong he prefers to call people trolls and a tribe.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In answer to the actual question I think he showed he is human. He was under pressure, he felt it, it affected him but he responded and won through. Hugely impressive.

I don't understand the dislike for Speith. He is a belting player, shows emotion, seems like a genuinely decent bloke. If you had a daughter and she brought him home you would be very happy, forget the millions of course :D

D

Deleted member 23270

I haven't been on this forum very long but it has become abundantly clear how pathetic and childish some of you are. Continually trying to point score and get one over on each other, call yourselves adults? Same old faces every time. Grow up you bunch of children before you completely ruin what appears to be a good forum!

U

User62651

I haven't been on this forum very long but it has become abundantly clear how pathetic and childish some of you are. Continually trying to point score and get one over on each other, call yourselves adults? Same old faces every time. Grow up you bunch of children before you completely ruin what appears to be a good forum!

If you voice an opinion someone will disagree, such is life. Forum is still good even with all the bickering, don't expect that to change.

Didn't someone clever once determine communication is only 7% verbal. Very easy to take things written not quite as how they are intended to come across.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
It seems Mr Speith is only human and makes mistakes, but its also clear he has the heart of a lion (like him or hate him he has to be given that). Any more bitching at each other, please feel free to pm each other mobile numbers and do it off the forum.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.