Jordan Spieth - Is he a choker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or he just hit bad shots, it happens.

Maybe but I was surprised when I caught up with it. This is a guy who played brilliantly all week, only made four bogeys in 3 rounds and then suddenly bogeys 3 of the first 4 in the final round?

Call it a choke, a wobble, a nervy start or whatever but it seems unlikely it was just bad shots. That said, of course, his mental strength from the 13th onwards was outstanding and that's what's important. If he did have an issue he overcame it in style! A well-deserved win :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe but I was surprised when I caught up with it. This is a guy who played brilliantly all week, only made four bogeys in 3 rounds and then suddenly bogeys 3 of the first 4 in the final round?

Call it a choke, a wobble, a nervy start or whatever but it seems unlikely it was just bad shots. That said, of course, his mental strength from the 13th onwards was outstanding and that's what's important. If he did have an issue he overcame it in style! A well-deserved win :)

In his interview he said that he got worried he was going to blow it like at the Masters, I guess we've all been nervous at times playing sport

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Many out there would love to be a choker and champion golfer of the year. Multi major winner and highly likely to go on and win more. Definitely not a choker for me. I can see him becoming a grand slam champion before McIlroy

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prob said it last year but think the same still counts

I don't see him as a choker but I do think he suffers a bit under pressure at times during the last round , at the moment he seems comfortable when he is leading with no one pushing him but when he has pressured appllied or needs to chase and go for stuff he just seems to go a bit wayward. This years Masters he did superb to get back into the reckoning but then just blew it - and when he does it seems he just talks too much to his caddy and very animated about it as well ( one of the reasons why some I think don't like him ) . But a lot of that is more than likely down to his age and still maturing as a golfer.

But I also don't think we will see him many more majors , think he will be like a Furyk - will challenge lots but just won't be able to get over the line

This is a good one

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But the discussion isn't about others it's about Spieth - yes winning a major is hard but I don't think he will win another , he will be another - Love , Couples , Furyk , Kite etc who will have very successful careers on the PGA Tour and he will no doubt win further events but not major imo.

Another beauty

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You sad sad sad individual - how old are you ? You have gone searching through the thread to highlight just my posts. Dont think you can get much sadder than that. Clear trolling , as are the the small minded followers posting afterwards.

With respect, you, me and many others have all done the same to try and prove a point. Probably not big or clever but not sure you can claim any moral high ground.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You sad sad sad individual - how old are you ? You have gone searching through the thread to highlight just my posts. Dont think you can get much sadder than that. Clear trolling , as are the the small minded followers posting afterwards.

:rofl: diddums

It's just a laugh Phil, no need to take it to heart and throw a strop. I mean how old are you?

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Sorry Pil but you keep drumming things on here and when it doesn't go your way you play the victims card, grow up or stop battering on and stop complaining when people prove you wrong.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Phil you really do need to stop accusing others of trolling.
You are constantly looking for an argument on anything & everything.

And we all know that when Speith looked like blowing it you was getting all excited about posting your smug :whoo::whoo: post.

If someone wants to criticise Rory,Westwood or Poulter they can do,it as nothing to do with you.

Are you still limited to the amount of posts you can make due to trying to make the forum all about you?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
With respect, you, me and many others have all done the same to try and prove a point. Probably not big or clever but not sure you can claim any moral high ground.

i cant believe he pulled you for bringing up info on an old post to support your argument when he is the king of this on an epic scale. then deleted his post!!! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.