Jacket & Tie

Would you join a club that required jacket and tie to enjoy the clubhouse?

• Yes

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 65 78.3%

• Total voters

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Please post yes or no.

This is for using all bars or restaurant areas in the clubhouse. Basically anywhere other than the changing room.

Feel free to discuss

3 jabber

Visit site
I doubt this imaginary club exists. Dining room, after 7pm etc yes but everywhere all the time? Doesn't exist. Maybe try changing the wording on your poll.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’d shrug, join, and comply…regardless of how I felt of the rights, wrongs or whatevers of the policy. Truth is a clubhouse-wide requirement would seem unlikely these days…even in the most trad or stuffy club.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’d shrug, join, and comply…regardless of how I felt of the rights, wrongs or whatever’s of the policy. Truth is a clubhouse-wide requirement would seem unlikely these days…even in the most trad or stuffy club.
Club near me, you have to dress like that to enter the bar/lounge except for before 10am.
That’s not Muirfield btw.

RichA

Visit site
There are people on here that will cut off their nose to spite their face :ROFLMAO:
There are people on here for whom golf is about having a few hours chilled out leisure time playing sport with pals. Sometimes it might be followed by a chilled out shandy or hot chocolate.
Even if I felt inclined to dress more smartly to drink hot chocolate at a sports club than I do for work or weddings, I don't have the time to tit about showering and changing first. And I'd only have to change back into shorts and t-shirt again afterwards to do the Tesco shop on the way home.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Club near me, you have to dress like that to enter the bar/lounge except for before 10am.
That’s not Muirfield btw.
I don’t recall being that bothered when I was a member of East Ren in the mid-late 1970s…and IIRC they had such a code. Though there was a small ‘spike bar’ seating area at the bar end of the changing rooms that didn’t require J&T.

Skytot

Visit site
So, some of you would not accept an invitation to join an Augusta or Swinley (etc) if they had that dress requirement???

Flipping heck!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
No, wouldn’t. Being a member of a golf not only means playing golf with my mates but having a couple of beers /coffee in the clubhouse with them afterwards. No way would we bother changing in to a shirt , jacket and tie just to have a beer after golf